Sign in with
Your question

Message on startup w/ new graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 7, 2012 12:01:33 AM

So i got my dell xps 8500 and set it all up. I ordered a sapphire radeon hd 7770 from newegg to install into the xps because the stock gpu was pretty crappy. After finally pulling out the stock gpu which took forever cause the lever would refuse to let go of it, i put in the new one. I started it up but before the dell logo appeared there was a a black screen with white writing that looked like BIOS stuff when you start other pcs. The writing said ALERT then like a sentence but it flashed so quickly i didnt know what the writing was. The computer proceeded to run normal and runs completely fine now. Im jus really paranoid and i want to know what that message said because its bothering me! If anyone has a clue what it might of said please respond... maybe its a message everyone gets after installing new pc components....
a c 259 U Graphics card
December 7, 2012 12:54:52 AM

We need to know what the msg said. Maybe you can video it with your phone or cam next time it starts up. Then watch the video frame by frame to see what it actually says.
Check Device Manager and see if there are any yellow flags present.
m
l
Related resources
!