GTX 650 not detected but displaying

Hi all,

I recently put together a build with the following specs but the computer is not detecting the video card. More details below.

Processor: i5-3570k
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Video card: Zotac GTX 650 AMP!
PSU: 700W 12v-1@18A, 12v-2@16A, and 12v-3@16A

I have the montor hooked into the video cards HDMI port. When it boots it shows the BIOS splashscreen and the display never cuts out, the computer is functional with a semi-working display, but the the images doesnt utilize the entire screen (24" monitor, but maybe a centered 19" display). NVIDIA driver doesnt detect hardware and the Device Manager only shows my Intel HD 4000.

If I reboot, the output utilizes all 24" of the monitor but the driver and device manager still doesnt recognize the hardware.

I am open to suggestions as I am completely lost on how to get this final piece of the puzzle up and running.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about detected displaying
  1. That is weird since the card is displaying. Maybe playing with BIOS settings like setting PCIe or peg as primary display adapter will help.
  2. Cant you update the drivers or it also tells you that it cant find the card?
  3. It tells me that I cant find the card. As far as the computer is concerned, it doesnt exist. Very odd.

Anywho, I thought I would update, I solved the problem. It was a motherboard BIOS update that took care of it. Thanks rolli for the idea, settings were setup fine but that BIOS version just didnt play nice with the card. Still a weird situation though. At any rate, I figured I would post my solution for someone else incase they run into a similar situation.

Thanks for looking everyone.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Graphics