GTX 650 not detected but displaying

gilbertgrape87

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Hi all,

I recently put together a build with the following specs but the computer is not detecting the video card. More details below.

Processor: i5-3570k
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Video card: Zotac GTX 650 AMP!
PSU: 700W 12v-1@18A, 12v-2@16A, and 12v-3@16A

I have the montor hooked into the video cards HDMI port. When it boots it shows the BIOS splashscreen and the display never cuts out, the computer is functional with a semi-working display, but the the images doesnt utilize the entire screen (24" monitor, but maybe a centered 19" display). NVIDIA driver doesnt detect hardware and the Device Manager only shows my Intel HD 4000.

If I reboot, the output utilizes all 24" of the monitor but the driver and device manager still doesnt recognize the hardware.

I am open to suggestions as I am completely lost on how to get this final piece of the puzzle up and running.

Thanks

gilbertgrape87

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
It tells me that I cant find the card. As far as the computer is concerned, it doesnt exist. Very odd.

Anywho, I thought I would update, I solved the problem. It was a motherboard BIOS update that took care of it. Thanks rolli for the idea, settings were setup fine but that BIOS version just didnt play nice with the card. Still a weird situation though. At any rate, I figured I would post my solution for someone else incase they run into a similar situation.

Thanks for looking everyone.