New gaming PC $800 - $1000 budget

jarblater

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hello,

Approximate purchase date: April 2013

Budget range: $800.00, limit: $1000.00

System usage from most to least important: Gaming, online business, watching movies, surfing internet.

Buying a monitor: No.

Parts to upgrade: I have a Powork PW-650 (Red-X), a 500GB Western Digital Caviar (old) and a 320GB Western Digital Caviar (old), I also have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Overclocking: yes

SLI or CrossfireX: maybe

Monitor resolution: 1920 x 1200

Additional comments: My preferences include MSI, Intel, and Nvidia. I don't think I need an SSD, and I know I don't need to be able to write CDs. I don't need a lot of storage space. Is it possible to include a plug & play water cooling system like the Corsair H100? Also, I would like to be able to play Blu Rays. Micro ATX and Mini ITX is OK. And I will be buying headphones, I already have external speakers with sub-woofer.

Thank you,

I tried to put together a decent system as follows:
(all prices listed are from Amazon)

Case: MSI Barricade $ 79.99
PSU: Corsair TX 650M $ 99.99
Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower $199.99
CPU: Intel i5 3570k $205.00
Storage: WD Black $ 69.99
Video: MSI PE Geforce 660 ti $275.00
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator $ 59.99
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDC-207DBK $ 50.00
Water Cooling: Corsair H100 $ 60.00

Sub Total.............................................................$1084.00 + S/H

This build that that I put together costs too much. If someone can suggest a build with about the same specs for about $800.00 I would really love to see what you're laying out there.

Thank you,
Jarblater

Solution
What i can say is this, a cheaper psu with 550w-600w from brands like antec, corsair,xfx,seasonic, pc power and cooling,rosewill(hive,capstone).
A cheap cooler like the hyper 212 evo, the price probably will not vary much.
Drop the bluray drive, get a dvd drive when you're gonna buy the parts, any dvd drive will do, get the cheapest.
Choose a case from corsair, antec, cooler master, nzxt for 60$.
Get a cheaper mobo when the times comes no more than 140$.
That's all.
What i can say is this, a cheaper psu with 550w-600w from brands like antec, corsair,xfx,seasonic, pc power and cooling,rosewill(hive,capstone).
A cheap cooler like the hyper 212 evo, the price probably will not vary much.
Drop the bluray drive, get a dvd drive when you're gonna buy the parts, any dvd drive will do, get the cheapest.
Choose a case from corsair, antec, cooler master, nzxt for 60$.
Get a cheaper mobo when the times comes no more than 140$.
That's all.

Solution