  • Sims
  • Games
  • Windows XP
January 7, 2005 8:37:01 PM

my son borrowed the sims deluxe version from a friend of his and until
recently it has worked well, whenever he tries to play now the game loads but
as soon as
the cursor touches the screen everything freezes. i've run the dxdiag
(though it
is all greek to me, i'm computer literate but no expert), i've installed
directx 9, i've
even restored my system to the last date when it worked properly. i'm running
windows xp sp2 i'd appreciate any wisdom any and all that anyone can share.
--
bernadette

More about : sims deluxe directx9

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 10:25:40 AM

Hi Bernadette,

Since it was working recently, restore your system back to that time.

How to use Windows XP System Restore:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/geth...

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"bernadette" <bernadette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my son borrowed the sims deluxe version from a friend of his and until
> recently it has worked well, whenever he tries to play now the game loads
but
> as soon as
> the cursor touches the screen everything freezes. i've run the dxdiag
> (though it
> is all greek to me, i'm computer literate but no expert), i've installed
> directx 9, i've
> even restored my system to the last date when it worked properly. i'm
running
> windows xp sp2 i'd appreciate any wisdom any and all that anyone can
share.
> --
> bernadette
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 9:21:02 PM

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Bernadette,
>
> Since it was working recently, restore your system back to that time.
>
> How to use Windows XP System Restore:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/geth...
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "bernadette" <bernadette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my son borrowed the sims deluxe version from a friend of his and until
> > recently it has worked well, whenever he tries to play now the game loads
> but
> > as soon as
> > the cursor touches the screen everything freezes. i've run the dxdiag
> > (though it
> > is all greek to me, i'm computer literate but no expert), i've installed
> > directx 9, i've
> > even restored my system to the last date when it worked properly. i'm
> running
> > windows xp sp2 i'd appreciate any wisdom any and all that anyone can
> share.
> > --

thx jimmy but i have already done that and still no go, oddly enough it
looks like
the is only a problem with one of the game screens since my daughter was
able to play her saved game which is located on a different screen.
bernadette

!