My First Time PC Building - Full Set Up... What's your say?

KINGSLEYo_0

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
So this is my first time building a PC for myself but I've built a few Desktops already in college last year, PC building was part of the course. So to say I'm not new to this and I've upgraded components in the desktops I had growing up, so I would consider my PC building knowledge very good. This is not meant to be a high performance Build, I'm not much of a PC gamer otherwise I would have bought a better GPU, CPU, Motherboard etc, instead of the monitor and SSD... Besides I can always upgrade.

But less of the chit chat! any kind of opinions or suggestions are welcome (I'm new member as from today) :)

ALL PURCHASED AT:
http://www.dabs.ie
(1 eBay order)

Case: zalman z11 plus - €63.33
PSU: ocz modxstream pro 600w - €68.09

Motherboard: asus p8z77-v lx - €103.92
CPU: intel core i3-3220 3.3ghz - €115.30
Video Graphics: asus geforce gtx640 - €91.59
RAM: corsair 8gb low profile blue - €40.78

Hard Drive: western digital 500gb - €56.37
Optical Drive: sony optiarc ad-5260s - €17.72
Network Card: tp-link tl-wn851nd 300mbps - €16.90

OPTIONAL:
Monitor: 21.5" lg ips224v-pn led full hd - €127.85
SSD: kingston SSDNow v300 60gb - €54.79
Misc: USB 3.0 Internal motherboard adapter - €5.45 (ebay.ie)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total exc. Optional - €669.14
Total inc. Optional - €857.23
Total Delivery - €20.15 (dabs.ie orders, eBay order includes delivery)

FINAL TOTAL - €877.38
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

KINGSLEYo_0

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

I wanted to give more information about why I chose these components but I thought I wrote to much so I stopped typing haha... Anyways this is just a first time serious PC build so I Wouldn't need an i5 right now. An i5 would go well with the z77, I will probably (more than likely) upgrade in the coming future. My 14 year old nephew is learning from me, so I will pass some of these components down to him when I'm ready for seriously gaming.

KINGSLEYo_0

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

60gb+ SSD was all they had in stock and OCZ are a great brand, that PSU is pretty good for a modular (semi-mob) 80+ PSU. only problem is the cable length, few people complained about it's length but my case isn't as big as theirs :)

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I dont want to sound rude, but why did you ask for everyones opinion if you arent going to take it on anyway? you may aswell buy that build if you're going to knock back everyone's crits.. what are your reasons for getting a modular PSU? Also it may have been better to wait for a SSD with larger storage so you wouldnt have to worry about your installs all the time, I made that mistake once, at least get a 120GB.

From what i've gathered, you have already bought this system and you're just trying to validate your purchase because you're having second thoughts, is that right?

KINGSLEYo_0

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

Don't worry it doesn't sound rude... Ok so the subject said "My First Time PC Building - Full Set Up... *What's your say?*" like I said at the beginning I'm only new to this site, I wanted to create a discussion in which I mentioned opinions and suggestions are welcome. I only gave a feedback to what they said, I enjoyed reading what they had to say cause it's nice to see other peoples Ideas, nothing wrong with their opinions at all. I wanted a Modular PSU became of cable management. Yes you're right about the SSD but there's harm in getting one now consider it's benefits. Yes I've bought everything already, wasn't that obvious? and no I am definitely not having second thoughts. I just like to hear what others have to say mate. Thanks :)