Port forwarding on my router, need help.

kevmachine

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I have been getting disconnected from battle field bad company 2 for awhile now when online gaming. so I did some research and it say's to open some ports. I wasn't sure what to do but I gave it a try, and there's one thing that I don't understand, it ask's me to put in a Lan Server but on the port forwarding tutorials theirs are blank, I tried just not putting anything in there, and it tell's me that that I can't leave it blank, I don't know what I am suppose to put in there. My router is a Trend net tew-432brp. If anyone has any suggestions, also anything else that I could do to this router to get it to work I would love to try it. Any info you need me to post let me know I have no idea.

kevmachine

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010

hmmm Ok, the router and my computer have slightly different ip's so I only need to forward it to my computer, and not my router? and is it normal for my computers ip to be almost similar to my routers ip just that the last digit istead of .1 for my router, my computer is .105? or am I looking at the wrong IP?

aaab

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Correct you need to forward it to your computer.

And yes having a similar IP to your router except for the last octet is exactly right.

To find your computers IP click start run CMD then type ipconfig

However I'm not sure that forwarding ports will solve your problem of getting disconnected from battlefield, that problem could be related to your ISP or a problem with your router