Consistent crashes

Korasa

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Good morning everyone. I was hoping I could avail of knowledge superior to mine due to a problem I have been experiencing recently. Also apologies if I am in the wrong section of the forum.

My PC has begun to crash every 4-6 hours. Its a complete screen freeze with a nasty static sound if I had some sound playing as the crash occurred but no sound at all otherwise and it will stay in the crashed state until it is shut down. It has been happening for about a week now and is causing me no end of frustration.

I have tried with a different graphics card, different memory, clearing out and re installing my drivers with driver sweeper and then a clean install of windows in case it was some software error I couldn't anticipate. Currently I am using:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
2.60 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X6 1035T
ATI Radeon HD 5670
Acer RS880M05 mobo.

It original came as a pre built system as far as I know, nabbed it from a mate of mine about 4 months ago and everything was in working order. The case is new, the memory and graphics card I put in myself but as I said, worked fine for a good long time before I began having issues with it. I used it primarily for gaming and it ran CoD, Far cry 3 right down to League of legends without and hassle or noticeable over heating( I did check every now and then) and no noticeable physical damage on any of the components.

Just hoping for a little direction as I am not the most savvy person.
Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this. If I can provide any more information please let me know.