Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 support Intel i5-3570K Ivy Bridge

gusha

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Hi,

I just ordered an Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 and Intel i5-3570K. Seems I got these parts in a bit of a hurry. This is for my second System Build which I am doing after along time.

Problem is, I just discovered that Z68 does not support Ivy Bridge without a BIOS update. From where I stand, I have very little chance of finding someone to borrow a Sandy Bridge CPU from to do the BIOS Update to support the Ivy Bridge i5-3570K CPU.

Is there a way around to this; such as performing a BIOS update on this board with the "unrecognised CPU"?

Components already available
- Corsair TX750 PSU
- 4*(4GB) Kingston HyperX 1600
- 2xSeagate 1TB

Solution

The reason I believe that it will be ready for Ivy Bridge is because of the Rev.3, That makes it compatible with the PCI Express 3.0 latest GPU's, Which were released with the Ivy Bridge processors, So naturally it would have to have the latest bios updates. I believe it will be fine right out of the box.

Truckinupga

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2012

I believe you may be in luck, With it being a gen3 board it may already have the Ivy Bridge bios installed.

gusha

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I am scheduled to receive MB and CPU in a few days time.

I have my fingers crossed that the BIOS will support the processor out of the box. The Asus site says the BIOS update (version 3202) to support this particular CPU was released in February, 2012.

Hopefully I am not getting stock from before that date.

Truckinupga

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2012

The reason I believe that it will be ready for Ivy Bridge is because of the Rev.3, That makes it compatible with the PCI Express 3.0 latest GPU's, Which were released with the Ivy Bridge processors, So naturally it would have to have the latest bios updates. I believe it will be fine right out of the box.

Solution