New build, working for a few days, refuses to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suiteheart

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
This is my first build, part of which came from pieces I received as a christmas present, just finished putting it all together and getting windows/basic programs/my favorite games installed. I spend the weekend messing with graphic settings and playing some games, I end up putting it into 'Sleep Mode' in the hopes of not losing where I was with notes/open windows/whatever else, the power indication LED flashes, I think, "Okay."

I go to wake it up later, LED still flashing, nothing. I press every button on the keyboard, nothing. I think, "Okay fine, I'll turn you off." Hold the power button, again, nothing. Try unplugging the Power Supply, waiting a while, the only thing that came back on was the blinking LED. It was suggested by someone who is more familiar with computers that at the fault of my having put it into sleep mode at all, I should reset the CMOS (given his belief that the BIOS still thinks it needs to be in Sleep mode). I used the Reset CMOS Button as well as putting every power connector back in to assure everything was properly connected, I go to hit the power button, LED comes on and nothing else.

So at said someone's suggestion, I just take the actual CMOS battery out, give it a minute then put it back in, put my GPU back in (the CMOS battery was inaccessibly obstructed by it), plug everything back in and now when I try to boot, nothing happens at all, not even a blinking LED.

My specs, for what they matter, are as follows.

CPU: AMD FX-8120
Mobo: ASRock Extreme4 970
Cooling: Hyper 212 EVO (+1 exhaust fan in the case itself)
PSU: Inland 600W Gold Series PSU
SSD: Intel 120gb SSD (where my OS is)
HDD: WD Black 500gb
RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7870
Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I

Summary: Went into sleep mode, nothing but power indication LEDs would power on (fans wouldn't run, no noises were made at all), after making attempts to get it to work, nothing at all will power on at this point.

The same person I mentioned above, suggested I just return the motherboard to Micro Center, get a replacement and try again.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions? Regardless, thank you for taking the time to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.