directX 9.0b

I am trying to install DirectX 9.0b to play rome total war.

When it is near the end it says ' a cabinet file nessersary to for
installation could not be trusted'
8 answers Last reply
More about directx

    Hi Mikey345,

    Have a look at the information presented in this thread:
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.misc
    /post4017540.asp

    If the above URL wraps due to its length, either copy/paste the entire URL
    into a browser window, or use this TinyURL:
    http://tinyurl.com/6xrkk

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Mikey345" <Mikey345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to install DirectX 9.0b to play rome total war.
    >
    > When it is near the end it says ' a cabinet file nessersary to for
    > installation could not be trusted'

    Do you have Windows XP SP2 installed already? If so, you have the latest
    version, 9.0c, installed, which is backward compatible. If you don't have
    SP2 installed, you should.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Mikey345" <Mikey345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to install DirectX 9.0b to play rome total war.
    >
    > When it is near the end it says ' a cabinet file nessersary to for
    > installation could not be trusted'

    Hi Mikey,

    "Mikey345" <Mikey345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C10B087-368D-4B06-B7BE-6712F678DC2E@microsoft.com...
    >I am trying to install DirectX 9.0b to play rome total war.
    >
    > When it is near the end it says ' a cabinet file nessersary to for
    > installation could not be trusted'

    Here are a few solutions for the DirectX 9 "Logo Testing" error,
    as well as other errors when trying to install patches or updates:

    Here's a quick solution to try before reading through the other steps:
    1.. Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.
    2.. Double-click Services.
    3.. Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.
    4.. Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.

    If that doesn't work, then grab a soda and get ready for some fun. ;-)

    1. Try the resolutions in this recently released MS article:

    2. Save and then Open the "DX9 Logo Error" patch on Line 189
    for WinXP at: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    3. Repairing Windows is our final option. Boot from your Windows
    CD (you may have to press F12 while starting up, or change the
    bootup order in your BIOS) and then follow the instructions at:
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Good luck! :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    I have now fixed that problem but now when i download it says that it needs
    to restart my commy. When its done that i clicxk on my game but it says it
    could not locate directx 9?? yet i've installed it.

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi Mikey,
    >
    > "Mikey345" <Mikey345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C10B087-368D-4B06-B7BE-6712F678DC2E@microsoft.com...
    > >I am trying to install DirectX 9.0b to play rome total war.
    > >
    > > When it is near the end it says ' a cabinet file nessersary to for
    > > installation could not be trusted'
    > >

    > Here are a few solutions for the DirectX 9 "Logo Testing" error,
    > as well as other errors when trying to install patches or updates:
    >
    > Here's a quick solution to try before reading through the other steps:
    > 1.. Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.
    > 2.. Double-click Services.
    > 3.. Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.
    > 4.. Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.
    >
    > If that doesn't work, then grab a soda and get ready for some fun. ;-)
    >
    > 1. Try the resolutions in this recently released MS article:
    >
    > 2. Save and then Open the "DX9 Logo Error" patch on Line 189
    > for WinXP at: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >
    > 3. Repairing Windows is our final option. Boot from your Windows
    > CD (you may have to press F12 while starting up, or change the
    > bootup order in your BIOS) and then follow the instructions at:
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Good luck! :-)
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Hi Mikey,

    When you click START / RUN and type: dxdiag
    What DX version does it show you on the next window?

    Also, please remind me which game you're installing please.

    --

    "Mikey345" <Mikey345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF81C071-36AC-45F9-B959-BA9D2473D035@microsoft.com...
    | I have now fixed that problem but now when i download it says that it needs
    | to restart my commy. When its done that i clicxk on my game but it says it
    | could not locate directx 9?? yet i've installed it.
    |

    | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    |
    | > Hi Mikey,
    | >
    | > "Mikey345" <Mikey345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C10B087-368D-4B06-B7BE-6712F678DC2E@microsoft.com...
    | > >I am trying to install DirectX 9.0b to play rome total war.
    | > >
    | > > When it is near the end it says ' a cabinet file nessersary to for
    | > > installation could not be trusted'
    | > >

    | > Here are a few solutions for the DirectX 9 "Logo Testing" error,
    | > as well as other errors when trying to install patches or updates:
    | >
    | > Here's a quick solution to try before reading through the other steps:
    | > 1.. Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.
    | > 2.. Double-click Services.
    | > 3.. Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.
    | > 4.. Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.
    | >
    | > If that doesn't work, then grab a soda and get ready for some fun. ;-)
    | >
    | > 1. Try the resolutions in this recently released MS article:
    | > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822798
    | >
    | > 2. Save and then Open the "DX9 Logo Error" patch on Line 189
    | > for WinXP at: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    | >
    | > 3. Repairing Windows is our final option. Boot from your Windows
    | > CD (you may have to press F12 while starting up, or change the
    | > bootup order in your BIOS) and then follow the instructions at:
    | > http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Good luck! :-)
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    | > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    | > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    directx 9c and rome total war

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi Mikey,
    >
    > When you click START / RUN and type: dxdiag
    > What DX version does it show you on the next window?
    >
    > Also, please remind me which game you're installing please.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >
    > "Mikey345" <Mikey345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF81C071-36AC-45F9-B959-BA9D2473D035@microsoft.com...
    > | I have now fixed that problem but now when i download it says that it needs
    > | to restart my commy. When its done that i clicxk on my game but it says it
    > | could not locate directx 9?? yet i've installed it.
    > |

    > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    > |
    > | > Hi Mikey,

    > | > Here are a few solutions for the DirectX 9 "Logo Testing" error,
    > | > as well as other errors when trying to install patches or updates:
    > | >
    > | > Here's a quick solution to try before reading through the other steps:
    > | > 1.. Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.
    > | > 2.. Double-click Services.
    > | > 3.. Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.
    > | > 4.. Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.
    > | >
    > | > If that doesn't work, then grab a soda and get ready for some fun. ;-)
    > | >
    > | > 1. Try the resolutions in this recently released MS article:
    > | > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822798
    > | >
    > | > 2. Save and then Open the "DX9 Logo Error" patch on Line 189
    > | > for WinXP at: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    > | >
    > | > 3. Repairing Windows is our final option. Boot from your Windows
    > | > CD (you may have to press F12 while starting up, or change the
    > | > bootup order in your BIOS) and then follow the instructions at:
    > | > http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Good luck! :-)
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    > | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > | >
    > | > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    > | > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    > | > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    > | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    > | > _________________________________________________________

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Hi Mikey,

    Try installing the RTW Update (Patch 1.1) from the Activision Support site:
    http://tinyurl.com/5rlg4 - If that doesn't resolve the issue, check the
    other articles which are listed from that tinyurl I made for you. :-)

    --

    "Mikey345" <Mikey345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D646FC3-D268-4239-98A7-8EDA9A15F44E@microsoft.com...
    | directx 9c and rome total war
    |
    | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    |
    | > Hi Mikey,
    | >
    | > When you click START / RUN and type: dxdiag
    | > What DX version does it show you on the next window?
    | >
    | > Also, please remind me which game you're installing please.
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    | > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    | >
    | > "Mikey345" <Mikey345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF81C071-36AC-45F9-B959-BA9D2473D035@microsoft.com...
    | > | I have now fixed that problem but now when i download it says that it needs
    | > | to restart my commy. When its done that i clicxk on my game but it says it
    | > | could not locate directx 9?? yet i've installed it.
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    | > |
> [...]
  8. just yesterday, i tried to update my directx version.
    but i got a cryptographic error, cabinet file untrusted error whatsover :pfff:
    i tried to search d net and found nothing dat solves my problem,
    but i realize everything was fine before i installed some programs...
    til i came up uninstalling the programs i have just recently installed.
    a few painstaking uninstallations and restart sessions...
    i finally found out what causes the directx installation to fail.

    FLYAKITEOSX desktop transformation!!! :fou:

    if u happen to have this enhancement installed
    or maybe any other transformation packs that modifies system files,
    u might want to uninstall them to make everything ok.

    if u still need to enhance your desktop after installing directx
    u should shift to safer transformation packs available.
    just take some time to browse and read articles...

    gudluck! hope this might be a help... :hello:

Games Microsoft Directx Windows XP