Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Need a new graphics card. Suggestions?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 7, 2012 2:00:14 PM

So my current GPU is a Geforce 210 1gb which is useless for gaming. I would want a graphics card that has the best bang for my money. I'm on a very strict budget...about $125. The lower the price the better. I want to play modern games like Crysis 2, BF3, Modern Warfare, all that stuff at a decent framerate.

These are my specs:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7400 @2.80 Ghz
PSU: 550w max.
Motherboard: MSI MS-7529
RAM: 3 GB

Any suggestions? :) 
a b U Graphics card
December 7, 2012 4:36:12 PM

gunplaaddict said:
So my current GPU is a Geforce 210 1gb which is useless for gaming. I would want a graphics card that has the best bang for my money. I'm on a very strict budget...about $125. The lower the price the better. I want to play modern games like Crysis 2, BF3, Modern Warfare, all that stuff at a decent framerate.

These are my specs:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7400 @2.80 Ghz
PSU: 550w max.
Motherboard: MSI MS-7529
RAM: 3 GB

Any suggestions? :) 


:hello:  ok here is a list of what your budget can get you, there is actually plenty of options that will allow you to have a good gaming experience:
ATI:
HD 7770: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$105 after rebate + $7 shipping.
HD 7750: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$100 + $7 shipping
Nvidia:
GTX 650: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$85 after rebate + $5 shipping
GTX 650ti: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$140 + $7 shipping. (this one its 15 out of the budget you mentioned but its worth it).
GTX 550ti: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$105 after rebate + $5 shipping

hope this helps you out :D .
Score
0
January 5, 2013 8:08:15 AM

If I will replace my graphics card with the HD 7770, will it bottleneck with my current setup?
Score
0
Related resources
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 8:24:41 AM

There will be bottleneck with hd 7770.whats your max screen res.
Score
0
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 12:21:46 PM

Hd 7750 would be better for your cpu.i have same resolution and i have hd 7750 and most of the games are maxout.it is good for that res.
Score
0
January 8, 2013 12:31:56 PM

Will it bottleneck?
Score
0
January 8, 2013 12:36:17 PM

ASHISH65 said:
Hd 7750 would be better for your cpu.i have same resolution and i have hd 7750 and most of the games are maxout.it is good for that res.


What kind of games do you play?, it is amazing how your 7750 can play a game such as Crysis 2 and run it in EXTREME... what is your average FPS?
Score
0
January 8, 2013 12:43:36 PM

If you can wait a month I would suggest you do so ... as of this morning Radeon HD 8000 series for desktops is now en route to OEM partners for manufacture which means prices are going to change across the board within the next 3 to 4 weeks.

I was going to buy a new card for Christmas but i caught wind that the 8K's were a month away so I decided to bank the money and wait for February, turns out I was actually right for a change.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/amd-radeon-hd-8000-s...

http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-radeon-h...
Score
0
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 12:43:58 PM

XFA24 said:
What kind of games do you play?, it is amazing how your 7750 can play a game such as Crysis 2 and run it in EXTREME... what is your average FPS?

games at high settings are crysis 2,call of duty (all series),nfs the run,burnout paradise,battlefield 3,gta 4,dirt 3,skyrim. I get around 30-45 fps with vsync to off with my intel g645 dual core.
Score
0
January 8, 2013 12:50:28 PM

ASHISH65 said:
games at high settings are crysis 2,call of duty (all series),nfs the run,burnout paradise,battlefield 3,gta 4,dirt 3,skyrim. I get around 30-45 fps with vsync to off with my intel g645 dual core.


Battlefield 3 on HIGH? woah! stunning... are you playing online?

Well if you're saying that a 7750 can run BF3 on HIGH then i might as well buy myself something like a 7770 instead of a GTX 660
Score
0
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 12:58:26 PM

No not on online.if you want to play online then you need better cpu and gpu.bf uses 2cores at single player and 4cores at multiplayer.donot get hd 7770.gtx 660 would be best.i got hd 7750 as i was in tight budget and iam casual gamer.
Score
0
January 8, 2013 1:03:24 PM

ASHISH65 said:
No not on online.if you want to play online then you need better cpu and gpu.bf uses 2cores at single player and 4cores at multiplayer.donot get hd 7770.gtx 660 would be best.i got hd 7750 as i was i tight budget.


Oh, i thought you were playing online, well then, thanks for the tip
Score
0
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 1:09:01 PM

Hd 7750 would not be big bottleneck to your system.but in cpu intensive game your cpu will hold back you.
Score
0
January 8, 2013 1:10:22 PM

So the HD 7750 is the way to go?
Score
0
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 1:20:33 PM

Yes.nothing more than that.if you feel your cpu is back then you can overclock it.
Score
0

Best solution

a c 291 U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 1:21:04 PM

Get HD 7770. It costs same as HD 7750 but is 20% faster. On some CPU intensive games, it will bottleneck, which means your performance will be limited by the CPU. On others, HD 7770 will shine.

Going for HD 7750 would be a waste of money.
Share
January 18, 2013 6:25:11 AM

Best answer selected by gunplaaddict.
Score
0
!