Unable to access data on my CD-RW disc

asking11220

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001
My brothers who like to download stuff from the Internet can store their data on a CD-R or a CD-RW disc.

I who respect copyrights and only download product specifications and how to instructions for personal use cannot.

I just recently used my brothers Dell 100MHz Pentium computer's Yamaha CD-RW rewritable drive as a floppy drive. After a month more or less someone cause my CD-RW disc to be inaccessible.

I assembled a computer two years ago. My Memorex CD-RW rewritable drive cannot store data on CD-R or CD-RW disc since the beginning. It manage to store data once or twice as if to tell me it is possible to do so, but after that one or two times, I cannot do it a third time.

Very suspicious. I can feel someone wants all my files stored in the hard drive. I need to store files on CD-RW discs for portability and as a back up just in case my hard drive becomes inaccessible due to computer viruses.

Any suggestions.

How do you access data on a CD-RW disc if your computer cannot detect any data. I am almost sure someone tampered with Microsoft software or the CD-RW rewritable drive software. A virus could have been installed.

Excerpt from the e-mail letter I sent to Dummies.com:

I cannot access the data on my CD-RW disc.

I have been accumulating web pages on product
specifications for motherboards, graphic cards, sound
cards, and CPU coolers. I also copied web pages on
how to topics.

I stored the web pages on the hard drive; then move
the web pages to the CD-RW disc. Recently, I began to
save the web pages directly on my CD-RW disc using the
CD-RW rewritable drive as a floppy drive. I have been
successful 100 percent of the time until today.

Today, I save the Dummies web pages on (instruction to)making a "Custom Book" directly to the CD-RW disc. I thought I was successful, but when I tried to access the data on the CD-RW disc, I cannot. My computer informed me
that there is 0 bytes or no data in the CD-RW disc. (Windows Explore indicates: 0 bytes (free space 0 bytes): however, PacketCD properties indicate: used space 195MB, free space 0, and capacity 195 MB. My CD-RW disc capacity should be more than 195MB at least 650MB).

I save the Dummies web pages on the hard drive. I am
successful.

When I tried to save the Dummies web pages using the
CD-RW rewritable drive for the second time, I did not
succeed.

When I tried to save a Dummies web page directly to a
CD-RW disc, a dialogue box appears that said Invalid
file name. I know the file name is valid because the
file name contains only text or alphabets.

Can you help me open my CD-RW disc, so I can access
the data that I stored on that CD-RW disc.

I am writing to your company because I want to access
data stored on my CD-RW disc. Another reason is
because I want to inform your company what happened
just in case your web site got hack and someone
installed a virus that causes visitors not to be able
to access their CD-RW disc.

Thank you.

G

Firstly, I think it's great that you respect copyrights.
It seems to me that you think your CD-ROM problem is the result of some personal vengence against you... don't think so. don't take it personally, CD writers can have problems from time to time, I cant solve your problem over the Internet and from your explanation it seems to me that your CD writer has a hardware problem and should be replaced (since fixing them usually costs more than buying a new one).