friedonions

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hello,

I have this APU: AMD A4-3400 Llano.
I have this graphic card: asus 5450 hd silent.
I'm getting this new card: GIGABYTE GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 2GB

I think I messed up and should have gotten this card instead: Asus Radeon HD 6450 2GB

What do you guys think?

friedonions

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Resolution is 1600x900. Well I already ordered the Geforce GT 430. I just wanna know what will happen since I have that APU. I can play Skyrim on high textures, AA off because of this mod I installed. And the only games I play are Minecraft, Total War games, Skyrim. I'll only try to play old games on this thing basically.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

+1

MC_K7

Distinguished
Skyrim isn't an old game and I doubt you will be able to play at 1600 x 900 with such a weak card. You might as well use the integrated card, but still, for Skyrim I think it's not recommended at that resolution (others could give their opinion because I don't play Skyrim but I saw the benchmarks and usually you need a good card for this game I believe). If you can stretch your budget a little bit I would get a Radeon 7770 it's a very good bang for the bucks but you need to check if your power supply will support it. Also don't worry it's not too late to cancel your order for the GT 430 just contact the reseller now they might not have shipped it yet and even if they did, most resellers will accept to replace it by another product some of them have a no question asked return policy or even if they don't have such a policy they might accept an exchange anyways, just check with them.

andrewcarr

Distinguished

popatim

Titan
The 460 will work with the APU but side by side, not together. So you will be able to have dual monitors without taxing either GPU. So you will have two very low end cards and limited gaming ability though many willplay fine at low.

The APU comes with a 6410 built in and would hybrid-crossfire with a 6450 for what tis worth but its still just <blah> in most games.

About the lowest card capable of ok gaming, IMO, at your resolution would be 7750 which should give you just about 30FPS in alot of games. The 7770 would be a better buy though.