Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nvidia GTX 680 2gb Superclocked or or 680 4gb?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 7, 2012 5:28:51 PM

I'm looking into a new graphics card (I've already made my decision between the 670 and the 680, yes, I have looked at benchmarks), but I'm not sure whether I should get the 4gb or 2gb superclocked version. Also, could I do better for a similar price? I'm using a 1680x1050 display, and may sometime upgrade to 1920 x1080 sometime.
a b U Graphics card
December 7, 2012 5:40:55 PM

Colekern said:
I'm looking into a new graphics card (I've already made my decision between the 670 and the 680, yes, I have looked at benchmarks), but I'm not sure whether I should get the 4gb or 2gb superclocked version. Also, could I do better for a similar price? I'm using a 1680x1050 display, and may sometime upgrade to 1920 x1080 sometime.


:hello:  ok, even when i prefer nvidia over ati, instead of the gtx 680 you should get the HD 7970, if you insist on the gtx 680 i would get the 4gb one, with time new games will need more vram to work, it will last you longer than the 2gb model, and can also be overclocked, on the other hand the 2gb may be superclocked but theres no way to increase the vram so just for that i would go for the 4gb one, hope it helps. :D 
m
0
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 7, 2012 6:07:09 PM

The answer is simple, GTX 670 DirectCU II was born TOP, a video card generous in every respect. With high performance. ASUS is set to make inroads into the hearts of hardcore overclockers thanks to a generous factory overclock and quality components designed to increase the frequency. I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans,heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better Chil controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards.




ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP - 10.0 rating (only card ever to get a 10.0)
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670...


MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks. MSI is asking a $389.99 price for their card, which doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks.I own this card here it is in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnLUJxCBZUg&feature=plcp
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 7, 2012 6:17:58 PM

bigcyco1 said:
The answer is simple, GTX 670 DirectCU II was born TOP, a video card generous in every respect. With high performance. ASUS is set to make inroads into the hearts of hardcore overclockers thanks to a generous factory overclock and quality components designed to increase the frequency. I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans,heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better Chil controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards.




ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP - 10.0 rating (only card ever to get a 10.0)
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670...

lol have i seen this exactly same post before? :D 
m
0
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 7, 2012 6:19:35 PM

technoholic said:
lol have i seen this exactly same post before? :D 
Doubt it something similar most likely ;) 
m
0
l
!