AMD A4-3400 Bottleneck?

Grimsilence

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hello, I have a AMD A4-3400 with an ATI Radeon HD 5450. Can you unlock the full potential of the HD 5450 without "LLano"(codename for APU) bottlenecking the graphics card? I've seen gameplay with this card, and when I try those games, there way worse than the gameplay I've seen, even with all graphics low, and lowest resolution.

OK let me explain this...

BOTH the A4-3400 AND the HD5450 is VERY low end hardware...

An A4-3400 would not bottleneck an HD5450. The performance you are getting from your card is already FULL potential, I believe...

What resolution do you game at?
If this card has performed better on another system then its likely the monitor they used is of a much lower resolution...

Grimsilence

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Well, for Fallout 3, I use 800x600. On Youtube, I watched this one guy with a Pentium Single Core at 3 Ghz, and he could max it out with the HD 5450. The default settings for Fallout is High, but even at lowest graphics, no water reflection, no bloom, no AA, it runs at like 20-25 fps with a lot of choppyness.. ArmA 2 can run better. I run TF2 at 60 FPS all low with very low drops in FPS. GTA 4 at 40 FPS all low. dishonored at 30-40 FPS all low. But some games, that don't really need all that much, can't run good. My monitor is 1280x1024, but all games I run 800x600, or 1024x768 if there is no 800x600.

I have no idea but you do realize it makes no sense too assume it ISN'T optimized but you have EXTREMELY low end hardware...

You can't blame it on engines not being optimized if you spent the absolute bare minimum on your hardware. You literally have the weakest GPU of that generation and since. You also have close to the weakest CPU too...

Stop looking for issues with AMD and drivers. You bought insufficient hardware, you should have done better research. Live with it or get better hardware. Period...

Grimsilence

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
So explain how people can run games better than I can, even with lower hardware specs than me? Do they have special powers to make the game better? The A4-3400 is better than a lot of CPU's out there, it is a good processor. People say that the A4-3400 bottlenecks even the lowest of GPUs. How is it possible to run ArmA 2 with my setup then? Explain that. I run ArmA 2 with higher settings than Fallout 3. I can't even run Oblivion that good either. Explain that. GameByro problems? maybe. And I'm not looking for problems with AMD and drivers. How in hell did you get that? I was asking you, if GameByro maybe isn't the best with ATI cards, because I know there are a ton of games that have a lot problems with ATI, because Nvidia pays game companies to make games favouring their GPUs. Don't assume stuff. That's not cool. I was asking people for help, not asking for rude answers. I know I have a really low-end computer. It is hard when your 15. Can you blame me? The only income I have is christmas, and birthdays. I can't get a job, because I'm not doing so well in school, and I need to keep up. People can run games way better than I can, and I'm asking why. If you don't have an answer, don't reply, OK internet warrior?

burntpizza

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Dude, set your gpu on high performance. The reason you are getting low perf is probably because the work is being offloaded to the integrated instead of your discrete card.

Go to Catalyst control center, then to switchable graphics mode. And, either set it on manually switch and put it on discrete card or set the games you want on high performance, which should activate the HD 5450 for a set application.

I have no idea how Nvidia vs. AMD got into this conversation, but a equivalent Nvidia card wont be much better.