Sign in with
Your question

Freezes on GTX 560 ti 1GB GDDR5

December 7, 2012 7:33:17 PM

First of all, Hello everyone!

Well i've been having this problem for a while now, i've posted in a few forums, formated the pc, downloaded MSI Afterburn and made a few tweeks, and a lot of other useless things.

It happens when im playing "Heavy" Games, but not always. I can play for hours or minutes, and the computer Freezes to black screen (sound freezes and makes a really ugly noise generally), i can't do nothing but hit the Reset button. Most of the times it starts right up, and a few times takes me to the BIOS setup and shows the CPU temp in red (as if it would be overheated) but then i reset and it boots normally. I noticed it first when i installed Battlefield 3 , i would play the intro and then when i would start the first mission i got this problem. Anyway after a million tries i installed MSI Afterburn and switched the Videocard Tension to 1040 (i think) and Increased the Fan Speed a bit also. This way i was able to play for a Random amount of time (i thought it solved the issue) but i still keep getting Crashes when playing this type of games (even when playing FIFA 13). I really don't know what to do, and i was hoping you guys could help me find a full solution. As i said, i've posted on a few forums but no one was able to fix this for me.

My PC specs:

Nvidia GTX 560ti 1GB GDDR5
1x8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR5 RAM
1TB HD (and another older 250 GB HD)
Asus P8Z68-V MOBO
Intel core i5 2500k Porcessor
Antec Earthwatts 650w
Zalman Zg Gab.
LG 23'' 1080p LED FULL HD Monitor

I also noticed theres a lot of BIOS Upgrades for my MOBO and i have the FIRST version on it (idk if this could be it) But i rad its kinda tricky and "dangerous" doing this kind of upgrades.

Thanks a lot! If you need any other Information just let me know!
I really hope you guys can help me.
!