Closed Solved

Missing operating system...

First,hello, and thanks in advance for any help. Have Win 7 upgrade from Win XP. Replaced motherboard, and am now getting missing operating system error. I cannot boot from the cd, or the hard drive. Hard drive and optical drives are recognized in bios. I expected to have to re-install Win 7, and that's no problem, as I have everything backed up, but how can I re-install if cd drive will not start the disc? I have Win7 64 bit, Intel E8400 core two duo on a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard. Two gig DDR2 ram.....

Any thoughts?

Thanks again...

Regards,

Chamay
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about missing operating system
  1. Best answer
    Strange that the dvd won't boot even though the optical drive is detected. What you could do is create a bootable Windows 7 install flash drive and try installing from that.
  2. The_Prophecy said:
    Strange that the dvd won't boot even though the optical drive is detected. What you could do is create a bootable Windows 7 install flash drive and try installing from that.

Well...only one answer...but it was a good one! Thankyou! Bootable flash drive did the trick...installing new mobo chipset drivers as I type...

Regards,

Chamay
  3. checked boot order?
  4. Best answer selected by Chamay.
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Windows 7