Tamron or Sigma 24-135?

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 15, 2005 9:27:04 PM

I have narrowed my lens choice down to the Tamron 24-135/3.5-5.6 as a leave
on the camera lens.
I was about to buy and then noticed the Sigma 24-135/2.8-4.5 which excited
me as on paper it appears to be faster and overcomes the comments that the
Tamron was a little slow.
Then I looked at the prices. The Sigma is significantly cheaper than the
Tamron ($350 vs $400) and the reviews are not as good as for the Tamron.
Everyone has said that with lenses, you get what you pay for. Has Sigma
sacrificed optical quality for speed?

If I buy the Tamron, in low light ,will I be sorry that I dont have the
Sigma or will the picture quality in all other situations make up for this?

TIA

Joel

More about : tamron sigma 135

August 15, 2005 9:27:05 PM

My roommate and I have been doing a lot of research and the Tamron
looks like a really good lens. It's actually 369 after rebate at
adorama.com, 319 after rebate at buydig.com.

Check fredmiranda.com and popphoto.com as well as these groups for more
reviews...and of course if you see anything really useful - post it
here :)

Thanks, Brian
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:10:31 AM

> I was about to buy and then noticed the Sigma 24-135/2.8-4.5 which excited
> Joel

What about the Sigma 18-125? F3.5-5.6. It's wider than the 24-125 but a
tad slower

Can be had for under $300 from B&H

Toa
!