Hi,

I bought a PC (Assembled one..)

I7 3770K
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Nvidia GTX660 TI
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz
Benq XL2420T
Nvidia 3D Vision 2

But i am seriously disappointed with it... My Monitor Doesnt shows to full screen (all four sides are cut off, i.e. not stretched throughout monitor.. and i am not able to auto adjust it. i saw all setting option but in display mode i am getting only 23" as last option.. not 24"... come on guys i have high end graphic card, high end monitor and i shud expect good display right??? Please help me guys... :)

I am using hdmi Cable..

Forgot to mention...

I have corsair gaming series 800w PSu and two pcie cables from psu unit is connected to my nvidia card... I have liquid cooler for my cpu.. let me know how to fix it guys...

Solution
For starters, get a dual link DVI-D cable, do NOT use HDMI on that monitor or you completely lose it's advantage of 120hz. HDMI 1.4a and below (that monitor is not 1.4b) cannot display at 120hz. If you want to use 3D Vision on it, you have to have the kit and you have to use dual link DVI-D. HDMI will only be useful for movies and maybe playstation.

The reason the screen is not taking up the whole area is due to scaling. HDMI connections usually come with down scaling because that is how most TV's work. You can adjust that through the monitor settings, or in the Nvidia control panel (or CCC, but I hope you don't have AMD with that monitor).
For starters, get a dual link DVI-D cable, do NOT use HDMI on that monitor or you completely lose it's advantage of 120hz. HDMI 1.4a and below (that monitor is not 1.4b) cannot display at 120hz. If you want to use 3D Vision on it, you have to have the kit and you have to use dual link DVI-D. HDMI will only be useful for movies and maybe playstation.

The reason the screen is not taking up the whole area is due to scaling. HDMI connections usually come with down scaling because that is how most TV's work. You can adjust that through the monitor settings, or in the Nvidia control panel (or CCC, but I hope you don't have AMD with that monitor).

Solution

Well THERE's your problem! (Aside from your grammar, overpriced, badly built computer, and belief that a closed-loop liquid cooler is better than an air cooler.)

HDMI is a TV gimmick - just like how 720p is supposedly "HD."

It isn't, contrary to what everyone believes, ANY better picture quality than DVI - it's just DVI with sound... and less image options.

You need a dual-link DVI cable - the one that has pins with no gap.

yogesh12

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2012

can u tell me why its a badly built computer??

Asus Sabertooth Z77 + i7 3770k + Nvidia GTX 660 TI + 8GB Ram + 800 Watt PSU + Liquid Cooler + Corsair H400 Cabinet + Benq xl2420T is my Config!!! can u tell me exactly what is Bad in this rig?? Regarding Grammar, I am not here to give English TEST!

Yeah HDMI was my problem!! thanks a lot.. i changed cable and everything is back.. now can u tell me why its a bad + Overpriced???

Status
Not open for further replies.