Sign in with
Your question

When I connect my computer to my tv I lose internet

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 7, 2012 8:25:27 PM

I have a Dell Hybrid desktop that I use primarily for the kids to watch movies/shows on. In the last few months, whenever I plug it into the TV via HDMI cable, it will no longer connect to the internet. I can do everything else except go online. I can play games, watch movies, access files, etc as long as it doesn't require an internet connection. The desktop display (on the TV) is fine, no problems with settings. Plus when I connect the computer back to the monitor, internet is restored. I'm puzzled. Please help!
December 7, 2012 11:29:55 PM

How do you access the internet with that computer, is it with a wired interface or wireless? Are you still connected to the network and get no internet access or you cant even connect to the network?
m
l
December 7, 2012 11:59:17 PM

njoy_rush said:
How do you access the internet with that computer, is it with a wired interface or wireless? Are you still connected to the network and get no internet access or you cant even connect to the network?

wireless. Computer says signal is available, but won't let me connect.
m
l
Related resources
December 8, 2012 12:34:55 PM

Ok, it doesnt let you connect to the network or the Internet (like can you enter your password and connect to it or it fails even that)? Are you really far away, hows the signal reception bars looking?
m
l
December 9, 2012 1:30:18 AM

I have tried to reset the connection, but that doesn't work either. The only thing that I have found that does work is to connect the computer back to the monitor. Please keep in mind that this is a recent problem. We have used this same computer with the same tv before without issue. I have tried to refresh the "available networks", but it won't recognize that there is a network, it will show "no available networks" (or something like that)
m
l
!