Solved

Nvidia 3D vision 3?

I'm currently considering http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236206&RandomID=30901672353610120121207141451; just wondering if Vision 3 may be on the cusp?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nvidia vision
  1. I am of the opinion that its on the way out the door due to the cost and lack of support in every game. Theres only like 42 games total that support it.
  2. 42 games? Try 775. Go here. Select "3D Vision Ratings" on the second box and see how many games are supported. Even an old game like Doom 3 (BFG edition only) is given "excellent" support. Some games have better 3D than others, however.

3D movies may be on the way out, but 3D games are apparently not. People have begun to notice that while 3D may be a distraction in movies, it is actually an enhancement in an interactive environment like games.
  3. 3D Vision 2 is less than a year old. I doubt 3D Vision 3 is coming out soon. Of course if some new break through comes out, perhaps it will. We just don't know.

Lots of games support it, unfortunately, some need help. 3D Vision has a good fan community that has a tool to fix many games, and here is a list of some fixed, as well as a link to the tool to fix it yourself: http://helixmod.wikispot.org/gamelist
  4. Best answer
    Don't wait for 3D Vision 3.

I've got that epic Asus monitor with Nvidia 3D Vision 2 and there is really no reason to wait for a 3rd generation.

I've seen the first generation and own the second. The improvements were immense considering the darkness and the glasses.
    There is no point to any Nvidia 3D Vision 3 yet, because the flaws of the first generation are practically completely gone.

I strongly advise you to skip this monitor though (although it is epic and awesome and many games that do not perfectly work in 3D can be unofficially patched - search for "helix Mod"). What you should be saving up for is the Occulus Rift. Haven't used one yet but the industry goes nuts over it.

My prediction is that Occlulus-Rift-like virtual reality will take over very soon and 3D Monitors for gaming will be just a very small and brief stepping stone that is already on its way out.
  5. Eugen Groh said:
    Don't wait for 3D Vision 3.

I've got that epic Asus monitor with Nvidia 3D Vision 2 and there is really no reason to wait for a 3rd generation.

I've seen the first generation and own the second. The improvements were immense considering the darkness and the glasses.
    There is no point to any Nvidia 3D Vision 3 yet, because the flaws of the first generation are practically completely gone.

Does 3D Vision 1 have the same brightness as 3D Vision 2 with Lightboost off? I have the ASUS VG278H that lets you adjust Lightboost from max to off, and I must say that the difference between max and off is not really that dramatic. When I put the glasses on, the screen still looks much darker than when I have glasses off. If the differences between 3D Vision 1 and 2 is as dramatic as you say, then 3DV1 must look close to pitch black. On my VG278H (which is a 3DV2 monitor), not only do I need Lightboost at max, but I also need to raise the in-game brightness too, something which I never need to do in 2D.

Eugen Groh said:
    I strongly advise you to skip this monitor though (although it is epic and awesome and many games that do not perfectly work in 3D can be unofficially patched - search for "helix Mod"). What you should be saving up for is the Occulus Rift. Haven't used one yet but the industry goes nuts over it.

My prediction is that Occlulus-Rift-like virtual reality will take over very soon and 3D Monitors for gaming will be just a very small and brief stepping stone that is already on its way out.

But Occulus Rift is a VR headset that doesn't need a monitor to function, no? So it wouldn't hurt to have 3D Vision monitor too. And I don't think Occulus Rift is going to have support for 700+ games like 3D Vision does any time soon.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia 3D Graphics Product