Getting No Signal& no Post, after installing gpu drivers

musklianis

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I recently did a build with all new components other than my Hdd with my OS and my GPU.

Corsair Carbide 500R - Case
Antec EarthWatts Platinum Series EA-650 650W ATX12V / EPS12V - Power Supply
AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core - Processor
ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 - motherboard
Nvidia Geforce GTX 465 - Graphics Card.

everything has worked fine, I decided to do a restore to factory defaults using Lenovo Power rescue to get a fresh start. All went smooth, but once i installed the drivers for the GPU and rebooted I got no signal at all. it sounds to boot as always but i get no bios screen options, no Post or anything. after a while i can see the mouse cursor, but other than that it is black.

Once this happened i remember that this happened to me once before when i first bought the GPU and installed it, i did some research and was able to fix it by connecting the monitor back in to the motherboard onboard graphics and using the setup or bios (cant remember which) to change the display settings to use the graphics in the pci slot rather than onboard. (I guess that when you install the drivers for the GPU it switches your display settings for some reason) after i changed that setting i Plugged the monitor back into the GPU and it worked fine after that. that was a year ago.

now this time, same problem after installing Drivers for GPU, but my motherboard has no onboard graphics this time, so i cant connect my monitor back to my motherboard and fix this issue like i did before.

I know the GPU is not dead and the motherboard worked fine for a few days, I also tested out the monitor on my old pc and it works fine. so i think it is the same problem, just this time i cant even access the setup menu or bios fix it.

thanks in advance for any help.

musklianis

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

i was planning on it, i will be home in a hour and will try that first, but i read many others forums that suggested this and many users said this did not work. but i pray it is as simple as that.

musklianis

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

This is my first build. Inexperience I guess. I wasn getting any signal and could not access bios or setup to try and fix the issue. I didn't know any other way to restore so I plugged my hd back into my old lenovo and restored to start from scratch.