Sign in with
Your question

Don't know if motherboard is good enough for gaming.

Last response: in Systems
January 22, 2013 4:59:20 PM

Hello everyone, I'm trying to put together a build for my cousin and this is the only motherboard that has an on-board video chip set around the budget i need and was wondering if it is any good for gaming? hes not willing to go over 500 bucks so I'm pretty limited on what I can do. Here's what I have so far.

-AMD FX 4100 Quad-Core
-ASRock 880GM-LE FX
-Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
-Cooler Master Elite 311 (Blue)
-Rosewill Capstone 450W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
-Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

I know its not a lot and there's no graphics card or anything like that but its really just the basics, I don't have a very big budget and I assume whenever he gets more into the computer stuff then he might invest a little more money but defiantly not right now. If anyone could maybe even suggest something that's better for gaming that's less than 500 then that would be awesome. Thanks for any help that you can offer.
a c 446 4 Gaming
a c 1227 V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 7:08:43 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Motherboards & Memory to section Systems by SR-71 Blackbird
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 7:13:47 PM

whats ur full budget and country of origin?

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 93 V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 7:30:19 PM

The 880G chipset has almost identical performance to the 9XX chipset.

The difference is the boards features .
The onboard graphics are fairly basic , but I have seen games played with them on very low settings

An alternate could be to use a newer trinity APU , preferably the A10 5800K , and an FM2 motherboard .
That will game much better .
Just make sure the RAM is a dual channel kit of 1600 MHz or higher
m
l
Related resources
!