Sign in with
Your question

Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered error

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 7, 2012 9:07:58 PM

I recently bought a new motherboard, RAM, CPU, and case. I kept my old videocard, a Radeon HD 5770 and Hard Drive.

I reformatted my HDD and reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit,. and now my videocard keeps crashing and I get the error "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered". This only happens when installing programs or doing light work. Games are fine. Even 3DMark ran well.

Please help! I am using the latest ATI drivers and am using the same version of Windows and the same HD that I had before.

I even tried uninstalling the ATI drivers and then reinstalling them and it still doesn't work.

Thanks!
December 8, 2012 3:03:28 AM

shadowedge said:
I recently bought a new motherboard, RAM, CPU, and case. I kept my old videocard, a Radeon HD 5770 and Hard Drive.

I reformatted my HDD and reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit,. and now my videocard keeps crashing and I get the error "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered". This only happens when installing programs or doing light work. Games are fine. Even 3DMark ran well.

Please help! I am using the latest ATI drivers and am using the same version of Windows and the same HD that I had before.

I even tried uninstalling the ATI drivers and then reinstalling them and it still doesn't work.

Thanks!

:hello:  all i could find was this guide to try to fix it:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-27116Rad...

its like ultra long so get a coffee or something while you read it XD, hope it helps. :D 
m
l
Related resources
!