Saved Game doesn't load

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I've been trying to play the original Age of Empires and I save the game
before leaving. When I restart the game and try to load it, the game will no
load and shuts the game down and asks to send info to Microsoft. If I try to
load while the game is still loaded, sometimes it will load and other times
it shuts down to the desktop and again asks to send info to Microsoft. This
is bothersome, escepically when I have to leave in the middle of a
game/conquest and have to start it all over again.

Hi

I had the same problem a few years ago, I even sent the save game file to
Ensemble Studios. They claimed that they could not replicate the crash. The
problem seems to have been introduced with the 1.0c update.

The mac version had a similar issue which was resolved, the pc version was
ignored

> I've been trying to play the original Age of Empires and I save the game
> before leaving. When I restart the game and try to load it, the game will
> no
> load and shuts the game down and asks to send info to Microsoft. If I try
> load while the game is still loaded, sometimes it will load and other
> times
> it shuts down to the desktop and again asks to send info to Microsoft.
> This
> is bothersome, escepically when I have to leave in the middle of a
> game/conquest and have to start it all over again.

Ariana

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2005

I have the same problem. Sometimes saved games will load, but mostly not. I
have had to go back four or five game saves. I have reinstalled many times.

Thanks for the tip on the update. I like to use it because of the "."
villager key which makes the game more playable. I'll try again w/o the
update and see how it goes.