Weird sound from speakers - need help :(

the past month or so, my 2.1 speakers that are plugged to my pc via jack connection make a weird sound. when i dont play anything (music, videos etc) my speakers obviously shouldnt make any noise, but i can hear a faint screeching noise, like the hdd reading noise coming through via speakers, but thats not possible coz hdd's are only connected to mobo and psu?
please help :(
6 answers Last reply
More about weird sound speakers
  1. Is it a buzzing sound? Its from interference from a phone or something. Just keep all wireless devices away from it. Theres nothing else you can do. This is a common problem in low end speakers. The only way to reduce it is to buy high end speakers.
  2. Azn Cracker said:
    Is it a buzzing sound? Its from interference from a phone or something. Just keep all wireless devices away from it. Theres nothing else you can do. This is a common problem in low end speakers. The only way to get rid of it is to buy high end speakers.

its more of a screeching sound, yeah i have cheapish speakers but i think its started since i upgraded my psu and gpu but that shouldnt interfere? maybe i just need new speakers lol
  3. No its probably from your cell phone. I actually just found a cheap solution that might work. It involves some clips that reduce the interference. Watch the video below and it tells you how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ruAZ4Useg
  4. this can also be caused by motherboard sound drivers
  5. mine do it sometimes, if firetrucks or somthing goes by.
  6. Run ur audio cable away from power cables as well coz it can cause interference.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Speakers Connection Hard Drives Systems