Nokia 6680 is losing the battle to 6630!!?

Last response: in Brands
March 30, 2005 12:58:43 PM

*Nokia 6680 is losing the battle to 6630!!?*

If you are asking yourselves, why 6680 is going to be so cheap?
Well there is a simple answer if we can believe in Jbenchmark test
results.
It’s because 6680 is pretty worse in performances than 6630! That’s
doesn’t mean that 6680 is not amazing good phone, no doubt about
that, but my expectations was that 6680 is going to be much, much, much
better...
In conclusion: seems that we are getting almost a 200 000 useless and
unnoticeable colours and very, very noticeable slowdown in
performance!!

[image: http://www.symbian-freak.com/images/news/0305/6680/graf...]

Read more:
'-=[ the full story with detailed test result ]=-'
(http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/0305/6680.htm)

Regards

Get more guides and advice at:
'[image: http://www.symbian-freak.com/images/logo.gif] '
(http://www.symbian-freak.com)
====================
'www.symbian-freak.com' (http://www.symbian-freak.com)

Symbian Freak introduces various researches for symbian users like:
Error Fixes, Modding, Guides, Tutorials and offcourse a detailed forum
with professional support.
To get more out of your favourite device, visit the website.

--
Apocalypsoâ„¢
March 31, 2005 8:38:50 PM

Apocalypso™ wrote:

> *Nokia 6680 is losing the battle to 6630!!?*
>
> If you are asking yourselves, why 6680 is going to be so cheap?
> Well there is a simple answer if we can believe in Jbenchmark test
> results.
> It’s because 6680 is pretty worse in performances than 6630! That’s
> doesn’t mean that 6680 is not amazing good phone, no doubt about
> that, but my expectations was that 6680 is going to be much, much, much
> better...
> In conclusion: seems that we are getting almost a 200 000 useless and
> unnoticeable colours and very, very noticeable slowdown in
> performance!!

The 6630 suits me at the moment. I always go into Carphone warehouse and
test out the speed of the phone first, I'm sure everyone does this.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

"Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote in message
> Apocalypso™ wrote:
>
>> *Nokia 6680 is losing the battle to 6630!!?*
>>
>> If you are asking yourselves, why 6680 is going to be so cheap?
>> Well there is a simple answer if we can believe in Jbenchmark test
>> results.
>> It’s because 6680 is pretty worse in performances than 6630! That’s
>> doesn’t mean that 6680 is not amazing good phone, no doubt about
>> that, but my expectations was that 6680 is going to be much, much, much
>> better...
>> In conclusion: seems that we are getting almost a 200 000 useless and
>> unnoticeable colours and very, very noticeable slowdown in
>> performance!!
>
> The 6630 suits me at the moment. I always go into Carphone warehouse and
> test out the speed of the phone first, I'm sure everyone does this.
>
> --
> Marc
> See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

Marc,

how are you finding 3G services ?
Fast / Slow, Cheap / Expensive ?

Ade
March 31, 2005 10:41:14 PM

I've a 6630 and I'm using it in the US. It's very quick with little or no
pausing for any of the menus. Sure, it's a 65k screen but, c'mon, it's a
phone; if I want full color I'll use a PC. The added drain on the CPU (and
eventually the batteries) for "more color" really seems like a nonsense
argument.

What bugs me, however, is the apparent willful crippling that Nokia has put
on the phone to prevent it from using a local Bt link for internet access.
No gnubox, only gouging from cell carriers for GPRS. NOT a good move and
had they not given me this phone for free I would never purchase it.

"Apocalypsoâ„¢" <Apocalypso.1mp8hm@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

> *Nokia 6680 is losing the battle to 6630!!?*
>
> If you are asking yourselves, why 6680 is going to be so cheap?
> Well there is a simple answer if we can believe in Jbenchmark test
> results.
> It’s because 6680 is pretty worse in performances than 6630! That’s
> doesn’t mean that 6680 is not amazing good phone, no doubt about
> that, but my expectations was that 6680 is going to be much, much, much
> better...
> In conclusion: seems that we are getting almost a 200 000 useless and
> unnoticeable colours and very, very noticeable slowdown in
> performance!!
April 1, 2005 6:58:19 PM

yup wrote:
> Marc,
>
> how are you finding 3G services ?
> Fast / Slow, Cheap / Expensive ?
>
> Ade

On Vodafone - so it's £2.30 a mb, but I have a "£6 value bundle" that
costs £3, so it works out to £3 for 2.5mb if I don't send any texts or MMS.
Vodafone's own web site is free to browse unless you buy a
video/ringtone/game (you will be warned of the charge first) - but you
can read news and stuff for free. You also get free videos for 3 months
or something, and 3 full MP3 tracks a month until end of April, so I've
tested that. Songs take about 1 minute to download (about 3mb of song).
I can't download ITN news clips for some reason, but I CAN stream them.
I can however download the movie trailers, so I'm not exactly sure whats
up there.
It's very fast if your used to standard GPRS, it works with my iPaq 2200
as well. I rarely loose 3g coverage, and if I do then switching the
phone on and off usually gets it back.
The 6630 polls my Gmail account every hour on Mondays, Wednesdays and
Thursdays between 9:00 and 18:00 - very easy to configure that, I like
how it warns you it may increase your phone bill when you turn the
automatic checking on.
Only letdown there is that you can't choose the exact port for outgoing
mail, so I've had to use my own SMTP server and setup two accounts on
the phone, one for receiving, and one for sending. Other apps,
Agile/Putty all work fast over 3g. Shame about the cost really!

--
!