Using the Audigy and Terratec in one box

G

Following the review of the Audigy and Terratec cards I'm a bit stuck for a decision. I want to get into semi-pro home recording on the cheap, so obviously the Terratec card is the choice. However, I like the sound of the onboard DSP of the Audigy and also the gaming enhancements and positional audio.

What I am wondering is if I can install both the Terratec DM6 in my machine and use it for recording, and also install the basic (1 card, no breakout box, i.e., NOT the platinum) Audigy at the same time. That way I figure I can switch which card is used for games and recording within software (?)

Firstly, is this realistically possible?
Secondly, when I'm recording (using Cubase) will I be able to access the onboard DSP of the Audigy, e.g., reverb, synthesiser, while using the Terratec for sound recording? That is, can I assign where the sound goes/is processed from my recording software with two cards in the same box?

Ta.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I like the sound of the onboard DSP of the Audigy and also the gaming enhancements and positional audio.

Good luck on your career, you'll probably need it.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>