nokia 7600 - sending photos

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

when I try to send a photo via on my nokia 7600 via multimedia I get the
message that the message has been sent to the Outbox for sending. How do I
send the message from the Outbox? Why does the message have to go the Outbox
first? Can't it be sent straight away like text messages?

Peter
2 answers Last reply
More about nokia 7600 sending photos
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Peter Brown" <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > when I try to send a photo via on my nokia 7600 via multimedia I get the
    > message that the message has been sent to the Outbox for sending. How do I
    > send the message from the Outbox? Why does the message have to go the
    > Outbox
    > first? Can't it be sent straight away like text messages?
    >
    > Peter

    Well, because i uses a GPRS connection to send the MMS picture message, this
    requires at least a decent signal. It may fail once, so it'll try again. It
    also means you know if it's been sent or not... You should really make sure
    'save sent items' is checked then you know if it's been successful, meaning
    you don't have to watch the screen just to ensure the thing's sent.

    MMS is actually using WAP you know, it doens't actually send the picture
    like a text message; it uploads it to a server on your network provider's
    internal intranet space, then the link someone on another network (or the
    same network gets) will have a unique URL (web address to you and I) in
    which they're phone will try to connect through GPRS to this unique address
    and download the picture.

    The uploading can go wrong sometimes, so it can take a couple of attempts.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Peter Brown reckoned that...
    > when I try to send a photo via on my nokia 7600 via multimedia I get the
    > message that the message has been sent to the Outbox for sending. How do I
    > send the message from the Outbox? Why does the message have to go the Outbox
    > first? Can't it be sent straight away like text messages?

    It will go automatically. If it's not moving anywhere it means either
    your account is not configured for MMS or there are some settings
    missing from the handset.
    --
    Jon Parker

Nokia Mobile Photo