BSOD help needed

fcdxsza123

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hey guys this is about the 4th BSOD of death ive experienced on this new computer. It always happens when im playing a game (this case it was tf2). Here are my system specs and any help would be appreciated:
Windows 7 Home Premium 6r bit
Intel core i3 540
EVGA Geforce GTX 550Ti
8 gbs of ram (forget the maker sorry!)
a 500 gb seagate barracuda
and an ASUS P7H55-M PRO
Please help me!
Stop code was as follows 0x0000007e and another BSOD errors stop code was 0x0000001a. Ive also had Driver Irql not less or equal and several others that i dont remember.

fcdxsza123

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Sadly i don't have any cd's or usb sticks on me right now for memtest. And for the article i have updated all my drivers, but i do believe it is a driver due to some of the other BSOD i have gotten. Is there any way to check specifically which driver is causing the issue because the article says it'll give a file yet my error message doesnt...

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
given that you say this happens when you are gaming, you could definitely start with your graphics drivers... As for checking each driver individually, i'm really not sure the best way to do this. I usually try to rule out likely culprits with problems and work from there (hence why i suggested the tests in my post above)

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
use prime95 and the heavy memory tests to see if it fails or bsod..If it does i'd put my money on ram. Go in your bios and make sure they are set up to spec, and if they are slacken the timmings if you have 1600MHZ ram set it at 1333. If this fixes your issue id consider a bios update if your motherboard don't have the latest bios.

Good news, is both BSOD messages point to the same piece of Hardware:

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.

Bad RAM. Run memtest86/Prime95 on each stick of RAM and find out which one has an error.

Also, guys, for BSOD's, start debugging what the messages actually mean BEFORE giving advice.