Can I play this Game?

custodian1

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hi, (First time user). I do not know a lot about computers, but I would like to ask if my computer (Win XP, Intel Core2 Duo, CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz - 2GB RAM - GForce GT 240) will play Battlefield 2 (it will play COD Modern Warfare 3 without any problems). If anyone can help it would be most appreciated, Thanks.

custodian1

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Thank you for replying - Screen Resolution is 1680 - 1050 and I will not be using multiplayer. Thanks.

custodian1

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

No Battlefield 2, I have checked and Battlefield 3 will not play on this computer _ I presume now that Battlefield 2 will play on my antiquated machine - Thanks to everyone who helped, I wish I had come onto this site earlier - brilliant - Many thanks.

You would be able to play even Battlefield 3, you would artifact a bit and probably barely hit a constant 30FPS, but it would be playable...

dheeraj9933

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
look dont worry about the about to happen fight,
the point is that your CPU is a little slow, but not the worst for campaign, mode,
but the main problem is your graphics card, it is LOW END.
if u want to play the game u will have to upgrade atleast your GPU to a midrange GPU.
and if u have the money, upgrading the cpu is not a bad idea too.
Now,
if u want to do one of these things, u can reply with your budget or with a NO.
for your orignal question,
wellllll, it mayybe playable in low settings in low resolution, but definately not on high settings in 1080p

They fixed that long ago...

custodian1

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Unfortunately I'm a pensioner and I have not got the cash to upgrade, but I would like to know if my current machine would play Battlefield2? Many thanks.

custodian1

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

I have all the COD games, except the new one, which will not play on this machine, the reason I posted this question is my wife wants to get me a military game that will work on my machine. Many thanks.