Computer Case Searching

G

I hope this is the correct place to ask this.

So I will be building a new system at some point and what I want is still quite unique I believe.

It's going to be a top of the line system (whatever it is at the time), most likely ATX sized, single GPU (but possibility of duel always nice).

The detail I need some help with is the case.

I do not (haven't for awhile) use any optical drives, and no floppies either for that matter.

So I am looking for a modern case with USB 3.0 (I don't think its possible yet, but one with only 3.0 would be nice, no 2.0) and a minimal design, of course I don't want any optical drive bays, or floppy drive bays.

I also saw a few cases that allow you to mount an SSD on the back of the case (underneath the motherboard). That would be nice to have, so that I can even remove the area for regular drives as I do not plan to use those either. With all this space cleared up, the ability to put a few 230+ sized fans in it would be awesome.

Not picky, but of course any case that is good air flow and quiet is a plus.

G

Yea I did see that one. And is probably the best I will find.

It has the bays (which the hard drives are removable) but the optical ones aren't.

I came here in hopes someone knew of a design that actually just does not have it built at all.

+11 beat me to it. :lol:

G

Yea I guess that is the best I will find.

The only thing that is really missing is that no space for 230+ sized fans. Seems to me only 120 and 140. Not the worst thing though. Also, has 2 USB 3 and 2 USB 2 on the case, I don't know why they do that. I want only 3.0 lol

G

Side note.

When did the R4 come out? Is an R5 coming out any time soon?

Cause I watched more reviews, really love the case. The one issue I see, at least for me in how I want to build, is that the 2 SSD mounts on the back need to be screwed in before the motherboard is put on, which is a pain if you want to upgrade. Hopeing they change that in the next edition.

Dont even know if there is an R5, makes sense there will be, but I havent heard any news of it (not that I'v been looking though).

Just have two SSD's there from the start, that would be a good way to get around that. or just get some Velcro tape and just stick an SSD back there, no moving parts s it wont vibrate its way off.

G

HOLY CRAP! Your a genius, why didn't I think of that. Velcro would work perfectly with these drives.

Thanks.

masterman467

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012

What ever you say...