Sign in with
Your question

Use Onboard graphic card with PCI-E graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 8, 2012 1:19:01 AM

Hello,

I bought a black Friday special on a Lenovo H430 i5 3rd generation, 8 mb ram and 1TB of hard drive. I installed a graphic card to the PCI-e slot but wanted to get the onboard graphics to work as well to get a 3rd monitor. Bought a Radeon HD 6670 and installed it.

So, I get the computer showing PCI-e monitors( one on vga and one on DVI as 2 and 3 but screen 1 is blank. Driver manger only show display adapter for the Radeon.

I tried looking at the Bios. Auto goes to PCI, IGD or I choose PCI or IGD. Set on Auto and I don't get the IGD.

Can this machine run the IGD and PCI at the same time or do I need to buy one more graphic card and do a crossfire hook up? Like to make it a 3 to 4 monitor machine.

I don't play games. Its for work so One monitor runs internet, another PDF file, then another for software program I am working with and then one for my cloud desktop and document management system.
a b U Graphics card
December 8, 2012 2:39:31 AM

Hook it into the motherboard if you aren't
m
l
December 8, 2012 4:13:25 AM

See in the support website if the Integrated graphics will be available if you buy and fit another one into the PCI.
m
l
Related resources
!