Sign in with
Your question

Windows XP and Philips Acoustic Edge

Last response: in Components
January 18, 2002 12:42:31 AM

I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro on my system, and it's telling me my soundcard (Philips Acoustic Edge) hasn't passed Windows Logo testing. Does anyone know what that means? I have no idea, but I'm afraid to continue, because it says if I do it could mess up my system. If anyone has any idea what's going on please tell me. Thanks!
January 18, 2002 2:18:21 AM

Ignore the message.

I am running several pieces of hardware that aren't <b>officially</b> supported under WinXP with no problems. As long as you have updated drivers from the Philips website (which claim to support WinXP, as far as I know) you will probably be OK. And if worse comes to worse, and the drivers don't work, you can always uninstall them. No big deal; your computer won't explode.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>
January 18, 2002 2:52:50 AM

It means that the driver have not been tested and certified by Microsoft. Most computer have some driver that is not certified by Microsoft.
Related resources
January 27, 2002 1:58:57 AM

That's right.

But damn they need new drivers. Mucho cracklin' in DVD playback w/ powerDVD. Made me go back to Creative.

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>
January 29, 2002 2:34:14 PM

I two have had problems with the Philips Soundcards not being compatible with XP. Hopefully they will fix this issue and get certified, or they will lose a lot of market share to Creative, with does support XP right out of the Box.

If it works for you then don't fix it.
!