Status
Not open for further replies.

omaroma11

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
ok so let me get this strait 120 hz and 120 fps are no the same thing so if I wanted to buy a 120 hz monitor 1 gtx 670 will be good enough tight

Solution
yeah, the problem is, if the video card its very powerful it will generate to much fps and that will cause screen tearing, exactly with a gtx 670 i have to use vertical sync on when i play guild wars 2, sometimes it passes the 60fps by a lot and since my monitor its only 60hz it causes the screen tearing so. yeah get a 120hz if you can along with the 670 you will have a great gaming.

Dnx

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
yeah, the problem is, if the video card its very powerful it will generate to much fps and that will cause screen tearing, exactly with a gtx 670 i have to use vertical sync on when i play guild wars 2, sometimes it passes the 60fps by a lot and since my monitor its only 60hz it causes the screen tearing so. yeah get a 120hz if you can along with the 670 you will have a great gaming.

Solution

Dnx

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

to bad they are so expensive, i would like to have one, so i dont have to turn vertixal sync on :(. you dont know if is there anythig like lets say around 200? XD

+1 i have SLi 670's and a benqXL2420T,gaming is extremely smooth :D If you're looking for the best 3D monitor that will also play great in 2D, then you should choose between the BenQ XL2420T and the ASUS VG278H. Both incorporate nVidia's 3D Vision 2 with 3D LightBoost which greatly improves the overall 3D experience.

While the BenQ doesn't disappoint as far as specifications with a 2ms response time, 120Hz refresh rate, low input lag, and a great picture, The XL2420T comes with a lot of other features built-in to this monitor specifically for gamers including FPS Mode, RTS Mode, Intuitive OSD, S. Switch;Height Adjustment, and Game Mode Loader.

If you just want this monitor for the 2D technology, then you might want to consider its predecessor, XL2410T, which is significantly cheaper and has many of the same features as the XL2420T, but has nVidia 3D Vision rather than 3D Vision 2.There are many advantages, beyond 3D, that come with having a 120Hz monitor. Refresh rate reflects the amount of times in a second that your monitor draws data. And since 120Hz monitors draw data twice as fast as standard monitors you get extremely crisp details that are smoothly rendered and lifelike. 120 Hz monitors are also more responsive. :sol:

Status
Not open for further replies.