Help unlocking phone

I recall seeing websites and even a piece of software where you enter your
IMIE number and it gives you the unlock code for the phone. Anyone know
where I locate such?

I asked the phone company and they wanted £15 to provide me with the codes,
which I think is downright outrageous!
3 answers Last reply
More about help unlocking phone

    "SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
    >I recall seeing websites and even a piece of software where you enter your
    >IMIE number and it gives you the unlock code for the phone. Anyone know
    >where I locate such?

    Crux's calculator is available at the UselessInfo site in my sig.

    > I asked the phone company and they wanted £15 to provide me with the
    > codes, which I think is downright outrageous!

    Not really, they subsidised the phone initially, hence why it's locked.
    They know they'll lose revenue once you unlock it to use a rival company, so
    you can't really blame them for trying to "encourage" you not to unlock it.

    --
    >>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
    >>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
    >>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
    >>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<

    Here what you want.

    If you can find CRUX 2.3 thats the one to grab. AWSOME!!!

    Mike
    "Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote in message

    > "SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
    > >I recall seeing websites and even a piece of software where you enter
    your
    > >IMIE number and it gives you the unlock code for the phone. Anyone know
    > >where I locate such?
    >
    > Crux's calculator is available at the UselessInfo site in my sig.
    >
    > > I asked the phone company and they wanted £15 to provide me with the
    > > codes, which I think is downright outrageous!
    >
    > Not really, they subsidised the phone initially, hence why it's locked.
    > They know they'll lose revenue once you unlock it to use a rival company,
    so
    > you can't really blame them for trying to "encourage" you not to unlock
    it.

    > --

    I found the below place on the net:-
    http://unlock.nokiafree.org/