Solved

Stuck! New Build dysfunctional or worse....?

week or so ago i posted an inquiry about building my own little gaming PC. I did pick up most of the suggested parts

I5 3570K processor

700watt Xion PSU

8 gigs DDR3 Ripjaw RAM

AS Rock LGA1155 Intel Z77 CrossFireX SATA3 USB3.0 A GbE ATX Motherboard Z77 PRO3

Win7 Premium

RAIDMAX case

Started assembling th components last night. I decided to re-use an optical and the old 640gb HD from my old PC. Installed processor very carefully and connected everything up, pretty easy, some things were self-explanatory and easy to hook up. All the SATA drives were hooked up but I couldn't tell if the HDD was working.

Booting up; so far, no sound from the internal speaker. I get the motherboard's splash screen and then a command prompt screen telling me to strike F number keys for different options; it wouldn't detect the keyboard, though it was getting power from the USB (caps lock was working and other lights).

I'm pretty much stuck and I wonder if the ASRock board is bad, I read some mixed reviews on it from Newegg, I got it off Amazon since it's easier to return things. Other than that I'm missing something. Maybe I need to get a fresh HD? I didn't wipe it so I could stick it back into its old home...I couldn't run the driver disk either. I'm basically stuck.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about stuck build dysfunctional worse
  1. Best answer
    If its posting then just use a different keyboard. Try using a PS/2 keyboard if your mobo supports it. Its probably just your keyboard not being recognized.
  2. wow, you know what, last night i tried the old PS/2 and got nothing but just now it is working. i'm not sure what happened last night but maybe it had to do with some misalignment of the motherboard as i took everything out and put everything back in today. now it's in another BIOS screen...progress! thanks
  3. sounds good, let us know how it goes mate.
  4. iceclock said:
    sounds good, let us know how it goes mate.

thanks! got it up and running and using it for a couple days now. my first build aside from my motherboard mistake and BIOS teeth-gnashing was REALLY easy.

now i just have to wait for payday to get a decent GPU as this GT430 thing from my previous machine REALLY isn't helping much with framerates. Load time on everything has been reduced substantially though.
  5. Best answer selected by zerstrorer88.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems