Sign in with
Your question

PC keeps shutting down randomly

Last response: in Systems
January 23, 2013 2:54:32 AM

So i recently upgraded my pc, and had several problems before finally reinstalling windows 7, however, now my PC shuts off randomly. At first when it rebooted in my POST i think it would say power surge detected, and that it turned off to protect my PC. now i turned off this power surge safety option and it still shuts down as before, however now it just doesnt say why, and skips the POST i think. Really tired of replacing all the parts and hope i dont have to replace the PSU as it worked before i upgraded my parts. any help plz guys thanks you so much!

More about : shutting randomly

January 23, 2013 3:49:58 AM

Some specs would help us diagnose the problem easier, as well as the age of the parts.

I actually had a thread on here that had a similar problem where my PC would randomly reboot with no BSOD or post. As of now, it ended up being the power supply, but we'll see if we can figure this out for you. :D 
January 23, 2013 9:58:15 PM

Reese227 said:
Some specs would help us diagnose the problem easier, as well as the age of the parts.

I actually had a thread on here that had a similar problem where my PC would randomly reboot with no BSOD or post. As of now, it ended up being the power supply, but we'll see if we can figure this out for you. :D 

Sorry for not responding quicker, PC shutdown again so i just went to sleep, been working all morning though :D 

Specs:
FX 8320, bought in december
GTX 660 SC 2GB bought in december
4GB RAM 1600 MHz bought in december
M5A78L-M LX plus Motherboard bought in december
CoolMax 600 Watt PSU, came with PC when bought in Sept of this year, was probably used
2x 250 GB HDDs, only using one atm

funny thing is, that after removing basically all programs besides a few like ccleaner, etc, my PC hasnt rebooted yet, whereas before it would reboot randomly, like mid-boot. When everything was in fresh and running i was running BFBC2 maxed out for a few hours and no probs, with the max performance power setting on. im not the biggest noob as i had to research ALOT to fix a dozen issues already, but this confuses me, is it the PSU, which never gave me any issues before, or something else like a virus?
!