PCIE3.0 @x8- HELP

Umm I've got a problem guys...
MY gpu for some reason runs @PCIE3.0 x8 (it says that in gpu-z)
Its really weird... I got the MSI Mpower Z77 motherboard - any solution? - please help!
Thanks in advance!
9 answers Last reply
More about pcie3 help
  1. I got the Gigabyte GTX 670
  2. If I'm correct that is a PCIe 3.0 motherboard.
    Anyway I don't see a problem here.
  3. my gpu runs for some reason on x8 - but it can fully run on x16;(
  4. Do you have something in the other slot? Otherwise, try swapping slots.
  5. I dont have anything else in other slot, the problem is that I cant put the gpu in the first slot (cpu cooler noctua nh-d14 too big...)
    Is there a way to enable x16 in the bios?
  6. themufos said:
    I dont have anything else in other slot, the problem is that I cant put the gpu in the first slot (cpu cooler noctua nh-d14 too big...)

That's it. Only one slot gets you the X16 unless you get one of those mega-motherboards with four PCI-E slots.

I saw a review where the AMD video cards are virtually uneffected by X16 or X8, it was only at X4 that they lost a few percent. The Nvidia were not so good, they lost a few percent at X8 and more at X4. So you are only losing maybe one or two FPS. Don't worry about it.
  7. Also, since this is PCIe 3.0, the 8x slot is the same as a PCIe 2.0 16x slot. So no worries. Your fine.
  8. themufos said:
    I dont have anything else in other slot, the problem is that I cant put the gpu in the first slot (cpu cooler noctua nh-d14 too big...)

Is it possible another alignment with the Noctua would give you more room and still work well?
  9. yes.. but the point is that I wanna avoid needing to do that:p
    IM tire of doing stuff in the pc, but can I change something in the BIOS? - or is it already x16?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Motherboards Graphics MSI-Microstar