Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this a good 1600$ gaming rig?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 23, 2013 3:53:50 AM

i have been wanting a new system for a couple of years now and i haven't really had any money up until now.

i was looking for a 1500 to 1600 budget, i went a little over on that but i am just going off of reviews right now so could someone fill in a clueless gamer please! it would be greatly appreciated!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/z5IX

More about : good 1600 gaming rig

January 23, 2013 3:59:35 AM

Just a few edits:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($147.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: OCZ Agility 3 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($299.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case ($179.98 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208BB DVD/CD Writer ($25.02 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1352.77
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 00:59 EST-0500)

Do you really need a Full Tower case?
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2013 4:03:36 AM

You have a micro_ATX motherboard in a vast full tower case . It fits but it will get lonely .
Use an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 instead and also save some money

Unless you have $500 speakers the sound on the mb will be fine , and if you are older than 25 the sound on the mb will be fine even if you have $1000 speakers

Everyone but the most hard core overclocker will be fine with a $30 CM Hyper 212 cooler

Thermaltake are well down the preferred psu list . You need about 500 watts 80+ bronze or better rated . Just make sure it has long cables . You might need that in the oversize case
Related resources
January 23, 2013 4:06:53 AM

Outlander_04 said:
You have a micro_ATX motherboard in a vast full tower case . It fits but it will get lonely .
Use an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 instead and also save some money

Unless you have $500 speakers the sound on the mb will be fine , and if you are older than 25 the sound on the mb will be fine even if you have $1000 speakers

Everyone but the most hard core overclocker will be fine with a $30 CM Hyper 212 cooler

Thermaltake are well down the preferred psu list . You need about 500 watts 80+ bronze or better rated . Just make sure it has long cables . You might need that in the oversize case

I was just listing the original mobo he picked out. Thanks for pointing that out. That would be very silly to have a Full Tower case with Micro-ATX.
January 23, 2013 9:55:28 PM

blake1243 said:
Just a few edits:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($147.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: OCZ Agility 3 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($299.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case ($179.98 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208BB DVD/CD Writer ($25.02 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1352.77
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 00:59 EST-0500)

Do you really need a Full Tower case?



Um i was just going kind of off of other builds i had seen. should i have picked a regular atx motherboard and a mid tower case? would that save on cost?
January 23, 2013 10:18:35 PM


PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zdgV
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zdgV/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zdgV/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Sandisk Extreme 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($105.59 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($427.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Phantom (White/Red) ATX Full Tower Case ($130.53 @ TigerDirect)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG BH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1494.01
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 19:15 EST-0500)
January 23, 2013 10:22:13 PM

Forgot the sound card, still within budget if you want it.
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2013 10:30:58 PM

supafartmaster said:
i have been wanting a new system for a couple of years now and i haven't really had any money up until now.

i was looking for a 1500 to 1600 budget, i went a little over on that but i am just going off of reviews right now so could someone fill in a clueless gamer please! it would be greatly appreciated!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/z5IX



I made some changes, like the case for the HAF 932, it's cheaper, and it's a good case, the motherboard, i changed it for a z77, more recent chipset, this mobo is standard atx, has sli support, wifi, etc.
Changed the ssd for the samsung.
Added a quality modular psu with support for two 670 gtx, the card was changed for better, for a 670 msi pe, it seems the natural upgrade from the 660 ti pe.
Here's the link : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zdpR

If you want a ROG asus board, get the maximus v gene : http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusvg...
!