Is their a bottle neck in this system build?

RiverPhoenix

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
IM going to build this system but I was wandering if the parts would cause a bottle neck?

CPU AMD FX8120

Kingston ram 8gb

1Tb HDD

ASRock 880gm LE-FX

700 PSU

GTX 660 Ti

:)

RiverPhoenix

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

thanks man :) but funny you say that because ive alreday built the computer and it lags every few minuted for some reason? like it stays on a constant 60 fps then drops every few minutes to 13 fps for 12 seconds and shoots up again :(

you didnt say it before...
your spec is fine

honestly it could be anything, i know thermaltake PSu is crxp, but mostly higher version is still good
and usually ppl hate amd cpu+nvidia combination for some reason. but it hasnt been proved yet

could be OS problem, malware or something

Which game(s) are lagging? What resolution? Online or single player?

Double tap what Wolf said and add that for all your mobo's components and GPU driver. Use driversweeper to clean up between driver loads.

Did you get any errors/issues when you installed the OS? Is it fully patched?

RiverPhoenix

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

I lag on every game from minecraft to assassins creed III its on the resolution 1920x1080 and its both single and online :(

ok ill try that :)

yeah the OS is all good !

RiverPhoenix

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

see ive heard that before but i honestly dont reckon it is? why wouldnt it be good for gaming? im open for opions :D and yeha i have dual channel sticks 2x4GB

RiverPhoenix

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

yeah man the cpu temp and gpu temp are sweet as apple pie and yeah ive tried every graphics settting and the weird thing is the higher i go the longer the interval between lag spikes occurs its weird? and yeah ive tried all that hahah

Alrighy then - ctrl/alt/del, task manager, performance tab - stretch it across the screen (your watching cpu and memory usage), play a game till you hit the lag spike and recover from it, then tab out and see what's going on there. Can print screen quick post if u like.

RiverPhoenix

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

yeah my memory usage is fine and so is my cpu its weird like there is no load at all when i game literally? but my HDD spikes constantly and peaks and stays at a 100% then drops and spikes its strange?

Savageshy

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Alright, i didnt read much of this forum, so you may already have your computer by now, but heres my two cents:

Without knowing ANY info about hdd speeds, etc, i can tell you the hdd will be a bottleneck. try a 128 GB SSD also for your OS. you will be very glad you did. id go corsair. And make sure you get the ram in 2 X4GB config. much faster that way.

RiverPhoenix

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

so do you reckon if i get myself a solid state drive it will go away?