Problems with popups in online games

I have SP2 loaded on my computer and when trying to play games in pogo.com
and am running into trouble with pop-ups not allowing me to enter tables
games such as canasta. I have listed pogo.com in my trusted list but still
have trouble with games played at tables, i.e. card games, dominoes, etc.
Please help this is really frustrating.
--
Ta Ta for now
3 answers Last reply

    Hi Lois,

    Did you configure IE to allow popups from that site as well?
    Here's a random sample on how to perform the task:
    http://ecampus.nhmccd.edu/Classes/sp2_popup.htm

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Lois" <lois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB03ED24-6209-4419-A638-1846CAF1B173@microsoft.com...
    | I have SP2 loaded on my computer and when trying to play games in pogo.com
    | and am running into trouble with pop-ups not allowing me to enter tables
    | games such as canasta. I have listed pogo.com in my trusted list but still
    | have trouble with games played at tables, i.e. card games, dominoes, etc.
    | Please help this is really frustrating.
    | --
    | Ta Ta for now

    Hey there,

    Yes I believe that I have. My problem is that if I open a table and am
    waiting for someone else to join, I see "Waiting to Start" and I am sitting
    at the table. The person wanting to join sees "Closed" and cannot join the
    table. Also if I try to sit at a table occupied by someone I can sit but no
    window opens up to allow playing to start. Still going crazy. Hope to here
    from you soon, Jimmy.

    Ta Ta for now, Lois

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi Lois,
    >
    > Did you configure IE to allow popups from that site as well?
    > Here's a random sample on how to perform the task:
    > http://ecampus.nhmccd.edu/Classes/sp2_popup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >
    > "Lois" <lois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB03ED24-6209-4419-A638-1846CAF1B173@microsoft.com...
    > | I have SP2 loaded on my computer and when trying to play games in pogo.com
    > | and am running into trouble with pop-ups not allowing me to enter tables
    > | games such as canasta. I have listed pogo.com in my trusted list but still
    > | have trouble with games played at tables, i.e. card games, dominoes, etc.
    > | Please help this is really frustrating.
    > | --
    > | Ta Ta for now

    Hi Lois,

    Going back to the previous instructions, uncheck the option to
    "Block pop-ups" using the screenshot in Step 2 as your guide.

    This will help determine if it's an SP 2 popup blocker issue or not.

    --

    "Lois" <lois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5BEA95B-F0DD-412D-897B-02F5AFAEF231@microsoft.com...
    > Hey there,
    >
    > Yes I believe that I have. My problem is that if I open a table and am
    > waiting for someone else to join, I see "Waiting to Start" and I am sitting
    > at the table. The person wanting to join sees "Closed" and cannot join the
    > table. Also if I try to sit at a table occupied by someone I can sit but no
    > window opens up to allow playing to start. Still going crazy. Hope to here
    > from you soon, Jimmy.
    >
    > Ta Ta for now, Lois
    >
    > "Jimmy S." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Lois,
    >>
    >> Did you configure IE to allow popups from that site as well?
    >> Here's a random sample on how to perform the task:
    >> http://ecampus.nhmccd.edu/Classes/sp2_popup.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    >> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    >> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    >> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    >>
    >> "Lois" <lois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB03ED24-6209-4419-A638-1846CAF1B173@microsoft.com...
    >> | I have SP2 loaded on my computer and when trying to play games in pogo.com
    >> | and am running into trouble with pop-ups not allowing me to enter tables
    >> | games such as canasta. I have listed pogo.com in my trusted list but still
    >> | have trouble with games played at tables, i.e. card games, dominoes, etc.
    >> | Please help this is really frustrating.
    >> | --
    >> | Ta Ta for now

Computers Games Microsoft Windows XP