Sign in with
Your question

New gaming computer for my son.

Last response: in Systems
January 23, 2013 4:53:18 PM

My son is going to graduate high school later this year and I wanted to already start planning a gaming computer for him as a graduation gift. I don't know much about computers, so I asked my son what he thought would be a good computer to use for playing games on. He made this computer on the website I will link below. It seems pretty expensive so I wasn't sure if I would be getting ripped off buying this computer or not, though my son says it is a good deal. any help would be appreciated.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/z9Nz

More about : gaming computer son

a c 327 4 Gaming
January 23, 2013 4:54:56 PM

:o 
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2013 4:58:00 PM

WHAT THE HECK LOL!!!!!
rofl, mate you trolling ?
Related resources
January 23, 2013 5:03:56 PM

butremor said:
heres mid range close to high end gaming build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tmxb

The price on that computer seems much more reasonable. I don't mind spending the $20,000 for my kid, but only if I'm not going to be ripped off. I tried to show my son that computer you linked though but he got upset and started screaming at me, so maybe it's not a good computer. What do you think?
January 23, 2013 5:20:03 PM

Hummmm, maybe psychotherapy?
a b 4 Gaming
January 23, 2013 5:20:32 PM

just get him same pc as in your configuration plus radeon 7970 ghz editon
January 23, 2013 5:44:56 PM

Clearly he's just being a dick, I would send him to his room with a tanned backside and no supper.....

January 23, 2013 6:11:56 PM

Mastashake15 said:
The price on that computer seems much more reasonable. I don't mind spending the $20,000 for my kid, but only if I'm not going to be ripped off. I tried to show my son that computer you linked though but he got upset and started screaming at me, so maybe it's not a good computer. What do you think?

I fear we are feeding a troll, but in the off-chance (very off) this is a legitimate post...

For a gaming computer, basically anything over $5000 is going to be overkill. If the kid wants a $20,000 computer, let him pay his way through college, get a degree, and then get a high paying job so he can buy it himself. Meanwhile, you and the mom go on a nice vacation without the spoiled brat!
!