Cark-91 wiring...

Just one of those really annoying things that bug us all from time to
time...

I bought (Ebay!) a Cark-91 kit, and I'm in the process of installation....

HOWEVER, the one thing that really bugs me is the wiring.....

5 lovely colours to choose from, and I cannot find anyone on the net, (well
so far!), that can tell me which does what.....

Even the Nokia site tells us nowt!

Can anyone help?

I guess that red is live, and the black earth....

then there's the green, blue, and yellow.......

one I guess is radio mute....(needed!) and the others just dangle in free
space?

Any help really appreciated....

Ta Muchly
6 answers Last reply
More about cark wiring

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:14:08 +0000 (UTC), "willywasp"
    <willywasp@btopenworld.com> wrote:

    >Just one of those really annoying things that bug us all from time to
    >time...
    >
    >I bought (Ebay!) a Cark-91 kit, and I'm in the process of installation....
    >
    >HOWEVER, the one thing that really bugs me is the wiring.....
    >
    >5 lovely colours to choose from, and I cannot find anyone on the net, (well
    >so far!), that can tell me which does what.....
    >
    >Even the Nokia site tells us nowt!
    >

    >Can anyone help?
    >
    >I guess that red is live, and the black earth....
    >
    >then there's the green, blue, and yellow.......
    >

    >one I guess is radio mute....(needed!) and the others just dangle in free
    >space?
    >
    >Any help really appreciated....
    >
    >Ta Muchly

    Look here, the install manual is in the archive (its split into parts)
    http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=9648

    HTH

    Alan
    Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

    Yellow is normally the radio mute. Blue is normally the ignition sense (12v
    switched live). Red and black are permanent live and ground as you said.
    Can't recall the green though! If I remember right, you'll need a 1A
    (switched live) and 2A (permanent live) in line fuses too. This is from
    memory though, so is without gurantees!

    www.all4cell.com/repairs/carkit91help.html

    --
    arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx<--ROT13 it
    Spam Trap in Header

    Freedom isn't FREE
    GHPOTHUF #69

    http://borg.no-ip.com

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:19:06 +0100, BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote:

    >On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:14:08 +0000 (UTC), "willywasp"
    ><willywasp@btopenworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Just one of those really annoying things that bug us all from time to
    >>time...
    >>
    >>I bought (Ebay!) a Cark-91 kit, and I'm in the process of installation....
    >>
    >>HOWEVER, the one thing that really bugs me is the wiring.....
    >>
    >>5 lovely colours to choose from, and I cannot find anyone on the net, (well
    >>so far!), that can tell me which does what.....
    >>
    >>Even the Nokia site tells us nowt!
    >>

    >>Can anyone help?
    >>
    >>I guess that red is live, and the black earth....
    >>
    >>then there's the green, blue, and yellow.......
    >>

    >>one I guess is radio mute....(needed!) and the others just dangle in free
    >>space?
    >>
    >>Any help really appreciated....
    >>
    >>Ta Muchly
    >>

    >www.all4cell.com/repairs/carkit91help.html

    scratch that the sites gone now it was there on February

    --
    arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx<--ROT13 it
    Spam Trap in Header

    Freedom isn't FREE
    GHPOTHUF #69

    http://borg.no-ip.com

    willywasp fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

    > Just one of those really annoying things that bug us all from time to
    > time...
    >
    > I bought (Ebay!) a Cark-91 kit, and I'm in the process of
    > installation....
    >
    > HOWEVER, the one thing that really bugs me is the wiring.....
    >
    > 5 lovely colours to choose from, and I cannot find anyone on the net,
    > (well so far!), that can tell me which does what.....
    >
    > Even the Nokia site tells us nowt!
    >

    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > I guess that red is live, and the black earth....
    >
    > then there's the green, blue, and yellow.......
    >

    > one I guess is radio mute....(needed!) and the others just dangle in
    > free space?
    >
    > Any help really appreciated....
    >
    > Ta Muchly

    http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk/downloads/cark91.pdf

    HTH?

    --
    Steve Parry
    K100RS SE & F650

    (not forgetting the SK90PY)

    http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

    Dr G fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

    > Yellow is normally the radio mute. Blue is normally the ignition
    > sense (12v switched live). Red and black are permanent live and
    > ground as you said. Can't recall the green though! If I remember
    > right, you'll need a 1A (switched live) and 2A (permanent live) in
    > line fuses too. This is from memory though, so is without gurantees!

    Green is for power antenna function

    --
    Steve Parry
    K100RS SE & F650