No battery grip for Pentax DS/DL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange omission - there's one for the 'D'... my feeling was that these
companies love you rort you on the accessories.

T.

<tlai909@visto.com> wrote:

> Strange omission - there's one for the 'D'... my feeling was that these
> companies love you rort you on the accessories.

The point of a DS or DL type product is to trim production costs.
Putting little sensors on the bottom of the camera for the battery and
portrait-orientation shutter release would boost production costs.

I think Canon have a vertical shutter button on their grip as well.

T.

What a crock! These are "entry level" cameras, why do they need an
extended/battery grip? The standard on camera grip is designed really well
and is really comfortable, with NiMh batteries installed it will take at
least 500-600 photos. Whats the problem? Nikon don't do one for the D70.
Canon have to do one for the 300/350D because the battery is not up to
extended use and the standard body grips are so pathetic especially on the
350D.

I guess the bottom line is that Pentax are not out to rort their customers
with items that are not needed.

On 16 Aug 2005 16:57:03 -0700, tlai909@visto.com wrote:

>I think Canon have a vertical shutter button on their grip as well.

They do and a control wheel for setting shutter speed and an off/on
switch.

"A nice man is a man of nasty ideas."

_Introductions to History of the Reformation_
Jonathan Swift
1667-1745

"John A. Stovall" <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On 16 Aug 2005 16:57:03 -0700, tlai909@visto.com wrote:
>
>>I think Canon have a vertical shutter button on their grip as well.
>
> They do and a control wheel for setting shutter speed and an off/on
> switch.

On some cameras the extra controls are not needed as far as I can see, at
least on the Pentax you can still use the thumbwheel and the shutter release
is still fine.