Status
Not open for further replies.

tonkaviev

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Hi guys,

This might be a stupid question, but I can't find the answer anywhere!

So, I got this computer a few weeks ago and it has a GA-H61M-DS2 mobo, 8Gb DDR3, GTX 660 ti, Xonar DGX sound card, and i7 3770 cpu. It runs really well and usually keeps up with most games at 60 fps or close at ultra or high settings. But I can see that the people who assembled it cut some corners, specially with the motherboard, the HD and the cooling.

Because of this I decided to improve the whole build by adding a few more silent fans, a corsair H80 and a new motherboard. But apparently their weird warranty doesn't allow me to change either the motherboad, the HD or the CPU, so I'm stuck with the GA-H61M-DS2 for a while.

The problem is, I got a new graphics card as a present this week, for my birthday. Its a GTX 690 from EVGA. And I was wondering if the motherboard supports it! Since its SLI, but only in one card, I don't know if it would work.
Gigabyte doesn't mention SLI in the mobo's page in their website, but perhaps that is just because it only has one PCIe x16 slot. I didn't try to install it either to see if it works because I didn't actually receive the card yet, it's going to be delivered in a week or so, and I wanted to know if it could work beforehand.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS