Sign in with
Your question

Sony vaio laptop doesn\'t start just gives me the bsd

Last response: in Windows 7
March 8, 2012 2:37:20 AM

please someone help my sony vaio pcg-5k1l doesnt star just gives me the blue screen of death! PLEASE HELPP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 8, 2012 3:08:31 AM

If for any reason you dropped your PC while it was running or even bumped it then the hard drive could possibly be damaged. This is the primary cause for BSOD on notebook PC's, this is why SSD drives are so popular with laptops.
Secondary causes for BSOD are hardware failures but there are a few things you can try first such as booting to safe mode and selecting a previous restore point before the actual failure happened, this could eliminate any possible software causes for BSOD.

Good Luck
m
l
March 8, 2012 3:55:22 AM

billj214 said:
If for any reason you dropped your PC while it was running or even bumped it then the hard drive could possibly be damaged. This is the primary cause for BSOD on notebook PC's, this is why SSD drives are so popular with laptops.
Secondary causes for BSOD are hardware failures but there are a few things you can try first such as booting to safe mode and selecting a previous restore point before the actual failure happened, this could eliminate any possible software causes for BSOD.

Good Luck

Thank you and i did drop it but it doesn't even let me boot into safe mode it just gives me the bsod
m
l
!