Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Just built my computer and it feels slow?

Last response: in Systems
Share
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 9:29:59 PM

Yeah, well i just got off my Pentium 4 computer as soon as windows installed and now im on this baby:

i5-3570
H77 Mobo
8GB Ram
7200RPM 1TB
7870 GHz

It's feeling a bit slow, not the zippy speeds that i thought i would get?
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 9:36:59 PM

camohanna said:
Yeah, well i just got off my Pentium 4 computer as soon as windows installed and now im on this baby:

i5-3570
H77 Mobo
8GB Ram
7200RPM 1TB
7870 GHz

It's feeling a bit slow, not the zippy speeds that i thought i would get?


Install your updates and drivers.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 9:39:05 PM

I have installed the disc that came with the motherboard
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 9:48:09 PM

camohanna said:
I have installed the disc that came with the motherboard


Your GPU drivers? Your windows updates? Have you tried restarting yet?
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 9:50:38 PM

Just finished my windows updates. Will restart now. Is there any auto check for motherboard drivers updates? I have a gigabyte H77M-G3H.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 9:52:29 PM

Probably because im downloading league of legends @ 600kbps

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 9:54:30 PM
Share

camohanna said:
Just finished my windows updates. Will restart now. Is there any auto check for motherboard drivers updates? I have a gigabyte H77M-G3H.


Theres the good old fashioned check for driver updates in hardware manager.

Also, theres 'check for updates' in windows update
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 9:59:21 PM

Of course, thanks for your help!
a b B Homebuilt system
January 23, 2013 9:59:30 PM

Best answer selected by camohanna.
!