Some questions i need answerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingElectra

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Ok so i'm buying a new computer from here
http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuyPower-Build-Your-Own-Gaming-Desktop-Bundle-Select-Case-Processor-Memory-Hard-Drive-and-more-with-Windows-8-Pro-Upgrade-Option/15374646
and i'm picking all the stuff that doesn't add money because i'm going to be swapping things out but i've hit a wall.. so for the mother board and processor i'm picking the first one and i don't like the processor on it so when i get it i'm going to replace it with a different AMD processor but i don't know if the mother board will support a better one because it doesn't give any info on the mother board do you think you can identify the motherboard? it would help out a lot! anyways so here are my questions
1.what is the best AMD processor for gaming my price range is $50-$145(prefer quad-core 3.2ghz - 3.5.ghz)
2.if i get a new AMD processor will i need a new motherboard as well? price range for motherboard $70-$100
(NOTE) im not going to buy anything intel i'm going to try and refrain from spending more than i haft to
(NOTE2) this will be my first time installing a new processor i've watched tutorials and things

Solution
build it yourself. all the components offered are crap basically. give me a budget for the entire rig and ill give you a configuration that you can buy

intel doesnt mean expensive.

and to be honest, intel is easier to install.you dont have a large series of pins on the back of the CPU for you to break off
build it yourself. all the components offered are crap basically. give me a budget for the entire rig and ill give you a configuration that you can buy

intel doesnt mean expensive.

and to be honest, intel is easier to install.you dont have a large series of pins on the back of the CPU for you to break off

Solution

StingElectra

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Can I pick a differnt case thats compatible with the mother board or should stay with the one you suggested since its my first time? And do I need to buy thermal paste or any extra fans? And thanks for the help and finding those parts for me man!

Status
Not open for further replies.