Wireless switch not working

apache102846

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
My laptop has both wireless and wired connections but i have been operating on wireless. yesterday the red light which shows my wireless connection on has gone out and it will not switch back on so i have reverted to wired. can you tell me why my wireless switch will not switch back on?

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Check its Properties in Device Manager - it may have parted company with its driver or have another problem. Also check that it's Enabled both there and in the BIOS.

EDA_29

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
I was having the same problem. I have a Dell Latitude E6500 running Windows 10. No matter how many diagnostics I ran or driver updates, uninstalls/reinstalls, my wifi would not work. I showed it to my son & he reached over to the right side of the laptop, moved an actual physical switch to the on position, & WHALA! Wifi connected. Needless to say, I felt a little foolish.

EDA_29

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
I was having the same problem. I have a Dell Latitude E6500 running Windows 10. No matter how many diagnostics I ran or driver updates, uninstalls/reinstalls, my wifi would not work. I showed it to my son & he reached over to the right side of the laptop, moved an actual physical switch to the on position, & WHALA! Wifi connected. Needless to say, I felt a little foolish.